Colerain 42 Manual 0

RowdyRedRam

Final

From the radio broadcast it sounded like a classic example of men vs boys. Physically Colerain whipped Manual in every area. Could have been worse as teams started subbing in the 3rd qtr when the final score had already been achieved.

I was glad to see Woolridge get some work at qb with Woodmore in at reciever as we may need this changeup at times.

CardinalsFan I tried to catch some of your radio broadcast but it didn't come through for me. I hope you guys had fun. Also good luck the rest of the season.

Final

From the radio broadcast it sounded like a classic example of men vs boys. Physically Colerain whipped Manual in every area. Could have been worse as teams started subbing in the 3rd qtr when the final score had already been achieved.

I was glad to see Woolridge get some work at qb with Woodmore in at reciever as we may need this changeup at times.

CardinalsFan I tried to catch some of your radio broadcast but it didn't come through for me. I hope you guys had fun. Also good luck the rest of the season.

RowdyRedRam - thanks for trying to listen to our broadcast. Everyone was having problems in the pressbox as wireless internet was just recently installed in the school BEHIND the stadium so the only way to get wireless was through that. Both us and the Old Goats were going in and out on the stream. It was very frustrating and something we will speak with the administration about first thing Monday.

As far as the game goes...well, it went. I spent most of the evening with the Old Goats and they are great guys. Buzz, John and David were tremendous. Had dinner with them before hand and then gave them a tour of the facilities before they headed home to the 'Ville. They were very complimentary and we look forward to the return trip to Louisville next year.

Woodmore isn't bad. It is clear he needs a lot of work at QB but playing this schedule is not going to allow him the development snaps he needs to get better. I don't know what it does to a kids psyche when you get constantly beat on and hammered the Manual did last week and now tonight. I wish you guys the very best and hope there are several wins in the near future.

As for Colerain, we needed this win. We started two new WR's, two OL changed positions (including the center) and we called a Freshman up to varsity for playing time. The Cards did lots of different stuff tonight on offense to test some things. The game was essentially decided with it was obvious that our two-headed monster of QB Greg Tabar and RB Trayion Durham were going to get their yards all night. Game stats are HERE.

Not many fans in attendance at all. Really wish the game would have been moved to Saturday. Can't imagine it was an easy trip for anyone who has a job and had to work on Friday to make it to Colerain for a 7:30 start.

Anyway, the 'Nati goes 3-0 tonight, as expected. I think the outcomes could be different at seasons end as all three KY schools will improve significantly as time goes on.

Thanks for the back and forth banter. I really enjoyed it and will keep up with Manual the rest of the way. Good luck against Central next week.

-CardinalsFan

Manual's offense is not good or even "okay" this season. This is the second shutout this year.

lol oh I'm aware, I just didn't think it'd be 0. For some reason I was thinking or hoping Manual would at least score. Wishful thinking I suppose. Sadly all this score made me think is, if Manual held Highlands 19 to 8, then Colerain would kill Highlands too..again...which just shows that even the best in KY don't match up well with OH.

lol oh I'm aware, I just didn't think it'd be 0. For some reason I was thinking or hoping Manual would at least score. Wishful thinking I suppose. Sadly all this score made me think is, if Manual held Highlands 19 to 8, then Colerain would kill Highlands too..again...which just shows that even the best in KY don't match up well with OH.

Understand, Colerain has a very good defense against the run. No team, I don't care how good they are, is going to run the ball against the Colerain team. Not consistently at least.

Look at how many yards Elder rushed for tonight against Trinity: 187

Do you know how many yards Elder rushed for against us on Sun: 45

Without the ability to consistently pass, Manual really didn't stand a chance. Plus, I was surprised how little Woodmore tried to go to his big TE. That kid is a big target and after only 1 incompletion in the first half, I don't know that he threw his way again. Interesting.

Also, I would love to hear from anyone that made the trek to 8801 Cheviot Rd. What did you think of our fans, stadium, setup, team? Always like to get the visitors thoughts.

Thanks!

-CardinalsFan

This is what I fully expected. I watched Manual play HHS and they do have some good players and are young, but this was Colerain. They are going to beat most teams in Ky.

Oh, and don't you love it how HHS keep popping up in threads all over BGP because of posters like yourself. Thanks for the thoughtful and positive comments. We in the "promise land" love to read what you all think! :popcorn:

Something to chew on and hate us even more!!!

This is what I fully expected. I watched Manual play HHS and they do have some good players and are young, but this was Colerain. They are going to beat most teams in Ky.

Oh, and don't you love it how HHS keep popping up in threads all over BGP because of posters like yourself. Thanks for the thoughtful and positive comments. We in the "promise land" love to read what you all think! :popcorn:

Something to chew on and hate us even more!!!

When you're at the top you get the glory when you're good and when things aren't as good it is glaring. I'm sorry that some, not all, of those in the "promise land" are unrealistic, over the top, and apparently just flat out silly. I can't control all of that, lol apparently you can't either. I don't expect you to like everything I'd say, but really why keep thanking me for it? Take it as a compliment that people are willing to even consider putting Highlands into conversation with programs in Ohio.

Understand, Colerain has a very good defense against the run. No team, I don't care how good they are, is going to run the ball against the Colerain team. Not consistently at least.

Look at how many yards Elder rushed for tonight against Trinity: 187

Do you know how many yards Elder rushed for against us on Sun: 45

Without the ability to consistently pass, Manual really didn't stand a chance. Plus, I was surprised how little Woodmore tried to go to his big TE. That kid is a big target and after only 1 incompletion in the first half, I don't know that he threw his way again. Interesting.

Also, I would love to hear from anyone that made the trek to 8801 Cheviot Rd. What did you think of our fans, stadium, setup, team? Always like to get the visitors thoughts.

Thanks!

-CardinalsFan

How many rushing yards did St. X have against Colerain. If I remember correctly, Colerain had some trouble stopping Hundley.