Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. Xavier 28 Manual 21

Featured Replies

FINAL

 

I can't believe there isn't a thread posted about this game. I need to hear from some folks that were there. I listened to some of the Old Goats radio broadcast and it seemed like it was real chippy throughout and got nasty at the end.

 

Either way, unbelievable showing from the Crimsons. Is this the closest Manual has been to beating X in, what, a decade? More?

 

Thoughts/opinions appreciated.

 

-CardinalsFan

  • Replies 46
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!

 

Just goes to show you another reason why comparative scores mean squat!

 

Highlands: 19 Manual: 8

Trinity: 27 Manual: 0

St.X: 28 Manual: 21

 

If that isn't erratic I don't know what is, congrats on a tough win by X.

Manual is a very good team Highlands only beat them by 11

The Tigers enterred this game with two of their starting LBs (Barito and Lawson) out with injuries. Early in the 2nd quarter, the starting safety (Sears) and starting WR (Jones) also hobbled off the field. Nevertheless, the Tigers were up 28-7 at the half.

 

Manual came out like a different team in the 2nd half and marched down the field for about 80 yards and a TD to cut the margin to 28-14. The Tigers then lost the one player who is the main key to their offense, QB Brian Buehner, to what appears to be an extremely serious ankle injury. The St. X. offense was totally flat from there on out, and the Tigers were lucky to hang on for the 28-21 victory.

 

With all of these injuries, we now seem to be as injury jinxed as Seneca.

It definitely was the chippiest game I've seen in 4 years between these two teams. There seems to be a true feeling of bad blood between the two, which showed after the game. Manual played the second half with no regard for the sloppy field conditions and ran their offense very efficiently. X was getting no push from the offensive line and struggled to move the ball, even before Buehner got hurt. Nonetheless, X got the win on the road against a very stout opponent, and it now seems likely that they will meet again in the playoffs.

I listened to some of the broadcast and it did appear that Manual came out in the 2nd half a totally different team. Nice effort by the Crimsons and congrats to X on the win.

 

I read the paper this morning and it stated Buehner's injury was a sprain. I was told it was much worse than that? Best wishes to all these injured kids.

I didn't get to the game last night. Congrats X on the win I hope your QB gets better.

 

When it comes to St X/Manual there is no love lost between the programs (thats not to say I don't find some of the BGPers delightful people) and I know from experiance losing to St X in a close game stings a lot more than losing a blowout.

 

As far as comparing the scores I do think it is worth mentioning that Manual's offense has had a taste of success that they hadn't had going into the Highlands and Trinity games (not to discount the defensive efforts of those sides), earlier this season we had a great deal of offensive struggles.

I didn't get to the game last night. Congrats X on the win I hope your QB gets better.

 

When it comes to St X/Manual there is no love lost between the programs (thats not to say I don't find some of the BGPers delightful people) and I know from experiance losing to St X in a close game stings a lot more than losing a blowout.

 

As far as comparing the scores I do think it is worth mentioning that Manual's offense has had a taste of success that they hadn't had going into the Highlands and Trinity games (not to discount the defensive efforts of those sides), earlier this season we had a great deal of offensive struggles.

 

I was just pointing it out to note that comparative scores are comparatively worthless. :thumb:

I was just pointing it out to note that comparative scores are comparatively worthless. :thumb:

While it's true that comparative scores are worthless, the same cannot be said about comparative game outcomes (i.e. wins/losses).

 

If team A beats team C by 30 and team B beats team C by 10, there is not much you can conclude when trying to compare teams A and B.

 

However, I do think that some conclusions can be drawn between teams A and B if team A beats team C and team B loses to team C.

 

Football is not measured in point differentials/margins of victory... it is measured in wins/losses. Most teams don't have beating an opponent by as many points possible as their goal... the KHSAA counts a 10-point win he same as a 30-point win. Instead they have winning the game as the goal.

I listened to some of the broadcast and it did appear that Manual came out in the 2nd half a totally different team. Nice effort by the Crimsons and congrats to X on the win.

 

I read the paper this morning and it stated Buehner's injury was a sprain. I was told it was much worse than that? Best wishes to all these injured kids.

 

I also heard that Buehner's injury was much more severe than a sprain. The QB position at X is far and away the one position with the least depth. It will be interesting to see what personnel adjustments are made by the coaching staff to keep the Tiger train on track. :ohbrother:

Do they know how bad the injury is yet? Who is next in line at QB?

XT

 

You were right and I was wrong. I predicted a "blowout." Don't think I was alone in that. Must have been a great game.

 

Sorry to hear of the injuries and hope they are back on the field soon.

 

Congrats to M for an outstanding effort.

Wow!

 

Just goes to show you another reason why comparative scores mean squat!

 

Highlands: 19 Manual: 8

Trinity: 27 Manual: 0

St.X: 28 Manual: 21

 

If that isn't erratic I don't know what is, congrats on a tough win by X.

It's not erratic at all... most people here think that the three best teams in KY this year are (in no particular order) Saint X, Highlands and Trinity. I'd say that the game outcomes you cited above prove that indeed Saint X, Trinity and Highlands are all better than Manual this year.

 

Now what would be interesting is if one of these three teams had lost to Manual... it would then be difficult to assert that Highlands, Saint X and Trinity are the three best teams in KY if that had happened.

I also heard that Buehner's injury was much more severe than a sprain. The QB position at X is far and away the one position with the least depth. It will be interesting to see what personnel adjustments are made by the coaching staff to keep the Tiger train on track. :ohbrother:

 

The edge that the Tigers had over the rest of the state is gone. I can't believe how snakebit St.X has been with injuries the last few years it is really unbelieveable how bad it's been. QB has got to be a huge concern the rest of the way. Every single player is going to have to step up to make up for the loss of Buenher.

The edge that the Tigers had over the rest of the state is gone. I can't believe how snakebit St.X has been with injuries the last few years it is really unbelieveable how bad it's been. QB has got to be a huge concern the rest of the way. Every single player is going to have to step up to make up for the loss of Buenher.

 

XT

 

Do you really think it is for the rest of the year?? Sorry to hear that -- if that be the case. Really good ball player and hate to see his HS career cut short.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.