NKU Carson Williams

UK#1fanisback

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear of Williams' departure.

Followed his career via his participation in the "A" State Tournament while at Owen County and was thrilled that John Brannen landed him at NKU, which appeared at the time to be a perfect fit.

This will be a short-term blow to the program. It had the feeling that something wasn't quite right during the latter part of the season.

I wish both Carson and NKU well.

Williams is a 6'5 post player. I think he has a goal of being a 3. I think his personal goals have grown apart from the team goals, thus, a need to transfer. Sitting out a year may be the best thing for him. He will work on his jumper and ball handling. My bet is he stays D1.

Williams is a 6'5 post player. I think he has a goal of being a 3. I think his personal goals have grown apart from the team goals, thus, a need to transfer. Sitting out a year may be the best thing for him. He will work on his jumper and ball handling. My bet is he stays D1.

He can definitely be a 3 IMO. His jumpshot isn’t really there, but I think he can play on the wing regardless.

He can definitely be a 3 IMO. His jumpshot isn’t really there, but I think he can play on the wing regardless.

IMO he cannot be a 3 at the D1 level including at NKU. He definitely cannot be a 4 at a higher level that NKU as we saw against UL. To think that a kid who has played inside with no need to shoot a jumper nor ever be required to put the ball on the floor from the perimeter and suddenly do that is too much.

IMO he cannot be a 3 at the D1 level including at NKU. He definitely cannot be a 4 at a higher level that NKU as we saw against UL. To think that a kid who has played inside with no need to shoot a jumper nor ever be required to put the ball on the floor from the perimeter and suddenly do that is too much.

He is completely capable of putting the ball on the floor and getting to the rim. I think he finally let his unhappiness affect his play and that lead to his play suffering towards the end of the season.

I watched Carson in high school enough to know that he can put the ball on the floor and attack from the perimeter. His jump shot I’ll give you. It’s not reliable, but he is more skilled than someone you just tell get to the post and stay there.

I watched Carson in high school enough to know that he can put the ball on the floor and attack from the perimeter. His jump shot I’ll give you. It’s not reliable, but he is more skilled than someone you just tell get to the post and stay there.

I watched him as well and simply didn't see it.

Strong post moves against mid-major D1 talent.