March 24, 20188 yr Sorry to hear of Williams' departure. Followed his career via his participation in the "A" State Tournament while at Owen County and was thrilled that John Brannen landed him at NKU, which appeared at the time to be a perfect fit. This will be a short-term blow to the program. It had the feeling that something wasn't quite right during the latter part of the season. I wish both Carson and NKU well.
March 24, 20188 yr Williams is a 6'5 post player. I think he has a goal of being a 3. I think his personal goals have grown apart from the team goals, thus, a need to transfer. Sitting out a year may be the best thing for him. He will work on his jumper and ball handling. My bet is he stays D1.
March 24, 20188 yr Williams is a 6'5 post player. I think he has a goal of being a 3. I think his personal goals have grown apart from the team goals, thus, a need to transfer. Sitting out a year may be the best thing for him. He will work on his jumper and ball handling. My bet is he stays D1. He can definitely be a 3 IMO. His jumpshot isn’t really there, but I think he can play on the wing regardless.
March 24, 20188 yr Would love to see him go to UC and play football and basketball. Did he play football at Owen Co?
March 24, 20188 yr For who? Georgetown is a hop, skip and jump away from Owen County. Be a long drive to live in Georgetown and go to classes and play basketball in another city.
March 24, 20188 yr He can definitely be a 3 IMO. His jumpshot isn’t really there, but I think he can play on the wing regardless. IMO he cannot be a 3 at the D1 level including at NKU. He definitely cannot be a 4 at a higher level that NKU as we saw against UL. To think that a kid who has played inside with no need to shoot a jumper nor ever be required to put the ball on the floor from the perimeter and suddenly do that is too much.
March 24, 20188 yr Would love to see him go to UC and play football and basketball. By no means am I knocking Carson, but do you really think he has the ability to do this in the UC program.
March 24, 20188 yr IMO he cannot be a 3 at the D1 level including at NKU. He definitely cannot be a 4 at a higher level that NKU as we saw against UL. To think that a kid who has played inside with no need to shoot a jumper nor ever be required to put the ball on the floor from the perimeter and suddenly do that is too much. He is completely capable of putting the ball on the floor and getting to the rim. I think he finally let his unhappiness affect his play and that lead to his play suffering towards the end of the season.
March 24, 20188 yr He knows NKU is about to be in a big transition with Brannen going to Xavier once the Mack deal is final at Louisville. Smart kid.
March 24, 20188 yr IMO he cannot be a 3 at the D1 level including at NKU. He definitely cannot be a 4 at a higher level that NKU as we saw against UL. To think that a kid who has played inside with no need to shoot a jumper nor ever be required to put the ball on the floor from the perimeter and suddenly do that is too much. I watched Carson in high school enough to know that he can put the ball on the floor and attack from the perimeter. His jump shot I’ll give you. It’s not reliable, but he is more skilled than someone you just tell get to the post and stay there.
March 24, 20188 yr I watched Carson in high school enough to know that he can put the ball on the floor and attack from the perimeter. His jump shot I’ll give you. It’s not reliable, but he is more skilled than someone you just tell get to the post and stay there. I watched him as well and simply didn't see it. Strong post moves against mid-major D1 talent.
March 24, 20188 yr The talent around Carson has changed drastically. His role would have continued to diminish. This isn't a surprise at all. Carson is at his ceiling now.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.