Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKU Carson Williams

Featured Replies

Georgetown is the best non D1 program in the state. They would’ve taken Bellarmine apart this season.

 

:lol2::lol2: and :lol2:

  • Replies 88
  • Views 31.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What was NKU's record after benching Carson? Either 1-3 or 1-4. I'm not sure the decision to bench him was a good one. I think Carson fell out of favor with Brannen, but I do not know why.

Neither of those records is correct.

The knock on Carson by bigger schools coming out of high school was they thought he had peaked already. The last two years proved that to be accurate.

 

Is he a legit D1 player, no doubt about it.

 

Was his role at NKU probably going to continue to diminish, probably.

 

I wish him well but he checked out months ago and it showed in his play. His attitude didn’t reflect his benching. His benching was a reflection of his attitude.

My understanding was he requested a release at the end of last season and NKU denied it.

Williams 7-19 on threes this year 37%. Only Sharpe and Garnett shot a better percentage.

 

Drew McDonald shot 34% on threes.

 

McDonald obviously shot a LOT more threes, but these stats beg the question ... should Williams have shot more threes and maybe McDonald shot less?

 

Its a decent point but from the games I watched, threes that Carson shot were when he was left wide open vs many of McDonald's were being challenged more.

Be a long drive to live in Georgetown and go to classes and play basketball in another city.

 

I get it haha clever.

When I look at NKU game stats for last six games they went 3-3, with the U.L. loss being the only non-competitive outlier. For the season Carson averaged 26 minutes per. Over the last six his game time dropped an insignicant amount to 24 per with all the drop because he was only on the floor against Louisville for 16 minutes. Truly have never seen anything but a warrior's mentality and would be shocked if his departure was because he saw himself as not being competitive at NKU's level/style of play.

I had not commented on this as of yet. While I really loved watching Carson play in the 8th Region and he really seems to be a great kid. I went and watched the Louisville game in person. Carson did not start and only played 16 minutes a couple of big reasons why were there was no one he could guard man to man and unless Louisville was playing zone he really struggled getting a shot off or getting open. Finally with McDonald on the floor as well against major division 1 schools it is tough to try and play someone man to man. If you can only play one I think McDonald is the one that's going to play.

I had not commented on this as of yet. While I really loved watching Carson play in the 8th Region and he really seems to be a great kid. I went and watched the Louisville game in person. Carson did not start and only played 16 minutes a couple of big reasons why were there was no one he could guard man to man and unless Louisville was playing zone he really struggled getting a shot off or getting open. Finally with McDonald on the floor as well against major division 1 schools it is tough to try and play someone man to man. If you can only play one I think McDonald is the one that's going to play.

 

You summed it up well. What position you play in college, has alot to do with who you can guard on defense. The 1, 2, and 3 are the hardest positions to defend in college.

Some of the comments on here are insane. Is Carson a D1 player? Yes. But the problem at NKU is this... they need to be more athletic up front, and NcDonald is better than Carson. Odd man out. Carson is a 6’4 post player. They’re pretty rare in D1. If he decides he wants to stay D1, he’ll have opportunities. But if he ultimately decides that Bellarmine, Kentucky Wesleyan, Georgetown, Campbellsville, etc are his better options, that’s probably a smart call.

Sorry to hear Carson is leaving NKU. He was fun to watch and was a major contributor to the program. He was definitely one of my favorite players, very athletic and always business like. Good luck to Carson where ever he ends up. He will be missed.

I like Carson and his game, but it was clear about halfway through the season that he had essentially mailed it in. Whatever the reason, and I don't particularly care what it is, he didn't want to be there, so his leaving is for the best. I wish him well, and I'm sure he'll end up in a situation that is better suited to his game.

I like Carson and his game, but it was clear about halfway through the season that he had essentially mailed it in. Whatever the reason, and I don't particularly care what it is, he didn't want to be there, so his leaving is for the best. I wish him well, and I'm sure he'll end up in a situation that is better suited to his game.

 

So many comments that really surprise me. Granted, I spent two months in Fl., so only got to see NKU in person early season, some webcasts, and comments on BGP. Always thought Carson was a warrior, and would never mail it in on his team. Am I wrong, or could valuable minutes (24 per game) off the bench be a role that just wasn't totally bought into?

So we are at the point where folks know where he is going but aren’t allowed to say just yet, correct?

It's difficult to understand what's going on with Carson, from the outside looking in I see an all-freshman awarded first year in which he got to play KY in the NCAA tournament, and then a second year conference championship and a NIT bid against Louisville. I would think any kid from Kentucky would take that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.