Steelers 23 Bengals 20

You just knew the Steelers were going to come back and win this thing. I'd have been shocked if they hadn't.

Being a Bengals fan is hard.

Bengals went up 17-0 and I sent out a group text to my buddies that the Bengals were just toying with people's emotions. It's sad when everyone knows a 17-0 lead just before half time doesn't mean jack for your team.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was one of the hardest hitting games I have ever seen. Bell trucking Tiny Dre, Burfict destroying numerous ball carriers, Nixon being concussed, etc...

Just an ugly night and these guys need to remember even though you are trying to impose your will on the opponent you gotta take care of your fellow professional. Crackback hits, taunting, leading with the head, targeting, etc There is no place for that crap in the game.

Once again the Bengals prove that they just don't know how to play winning football!

And once again Iloka proved he is one of the WORST safeties in the NFL!! Steelers should never have scored in first half, he had an EASY pick and Bengals probably would've scored instead, can't believe they just extended him but it goes along with some decisions they've been making!!

For those who attended the game, there appeared to be quite a few empty seats shown on TV. Even the announcers made a comment about it. Was it as empty as it looked? Also why do people continue to go to Bengal games only to keep getting their hearts ripped out? Would you continue to shop at Kroger if your groceries were constantly stale/not fresh?

For those who attended the game, there appeared to be quite a few empty seats shown on TV. Even the announcers made a comment about it. Was it as empty as it looked? Also why do people continue to go to Bengal games only to keep getting their hearts ripped out? Would you continue to shop at Kroger if your groceries were constantly stale/not fresh?

I work in the south endzone, closest to the river. I'd say that area was probably 80% full. Rough estimate. To busy slinging beers to look around the rest of PBS.

I will say, I'm glad I was hustling because I'd be furious if I had actually watched the game. 173 yards in penalties is absolutely embarrassing.

I am beyond tired of a team that looked pretty solid and the best team on the field in the first half, only to come out and get smoked because an opposing team made adjustments.

I'll be honest, I never played football and I won't pretend to be able to coach it. But that is just glaring to me.

Plenty of empty seats. Not as many Steelers fans as normal. Plenty there, but usually it seems like a home game for them.

It was very empty about 20 minutes before kickoff, but I thought it actually filled out pretty well.

The sad part it I had accepted defeat before the game started and they got my hopes up by how well they played early.

You need to fully accept my approach to Bengals games. I have no expectations of them ever winning the game. I still watch but I don't care if they lose anymore because I expect it. When they win it's a pleasant surprise. I started this approach back in their really good season and people were saying they would definitely get a playoff win. I said I am not buying into that and I will believe they can win a playoff game when they win a playoff game. I call it the Chicago Cubs approach. Hopefully we don't have to wait over a hundred years for that playoff win. In the meantime, I watch and do my analysis and when the game is over, it really doesn't bother me that much that they lose because I didn't expect them to win and didn't get my hopes up for it.

Edited by Voice of Reason

You need to fully accept my approach to Bengals games. I have no expectations of them ever winning the game. I still watch but I don't care if they lose anymore because I expect it. When they win it's a pleasant surprise. I started this approach back in their really good season and people were saying they would definitely get a playoff win. I said I am not buying into that and I will believe they can win a playoff game when they win a playoff game. I call it the Chicago Cubs approach. Hopefully we don't have to wait over a hundred years for that playoff win. in the meantime, I watch and do my analysis and when the game is over, it really doesn't bother me that much that they lose because I didn't expect them to win and didn't get my hopes up for it.

This is how I am too.

I've actually gotten this way with Kentucky Basketball, at least through the regular season. Tournament losses still affect me more than they should the majority of the time.

I work in the south endzone, closest to the river. I'd say that area was probably 80% full. Rough estimate. To busy slinging beers to look around the rest of PBS.

I will say, I'm glad I was hustling because I'd be furious if I had actually watched the game. 173 yards in penalties is absolutely embarrassing.

A lot of very questionable calls. If it was ticky tack the bengals got a penalty. However it wasn't the same for the other team. However that's just how it goes. At the end of the day it's the Bengals fault still for losing. Illoka could have ended the game at the end of the first half.

Went to the game. expected the demise of the Bengals. But on the way home listening to interviews, I figured out why they lost. There was not a soul that could put a sentence together. Absolute morons. Done!

I sincerely believe that this is a major contributing factor to the Bengals demise.

Take a look at the makeup of the Bengals Super Bowl team, lots of intelligent players that included an Ivy Leaguer. Smarts, Team Chemistry, and Discipline all contribute to success.

When the lunatics are left to run the asylum and no one is steering the ship, this too is what you get.