Golf Scramble Question

frankdracman23

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an FYI... the Top 7 guys this weekend finished -18 or better at the Canadian Open.

A scramble team of scratch or near scratch golfers would have smoked that score on that course. The three fellows that would be on my team are all former D-1 golfers, can hit the ball over 300, have great iron games, have played just as challenging course (or more challenging ) as the Canadian, and would not be intimidated by fast greens. Also, with a scramble format, very seldom should bunkers or rough come into play.

Now, they'd have to have a month or so of nothing but golf to get their games tuned in but PGA courses would not intimidate them. Two of them played on the southern tours for a few months in their post-college days, played with Bubba and Boo and several others who are now on the tour.

I'm still interested in hearing what Jahearme thinks about this question. He could definitely line up a good scramble team too.

Scratch golfers and a team of guys 5-10 are a lot different.

The question was how well you could do with 3 hand-picked friends, the best golfers, not pro golfers.

The three I would pick are members of our local course. They're not pro golfers. They play in the usual summertime club invitationals around eastern and central Kentucky, all amateur events.

The question was how well you could do with 3 hand-picked friends, the best golfers, not pro golfers.

The three I would pick are members of our local course. They're not pro golfers. They play in the usual summertime club invitationals around eastern and central Kentucky, all amateur events.

True, results would vary wildly. :lol2: I was just trying pick a number where it's likely everyone knows a few guys in that range. Not many guys are putting together a team of 4 scratch golfers.

True, results would vary wildly. :lol2: I was just trying pick a number where it's likely everyone knows a few guys in that range. Not many guys are putting together a team of 4 scratch golfers.

Oh, the team wouldn't all be scratch. I would be the weak link. I'm a 10 at best. The only help I might provide would be around the greens. i definitely can't hit the ball anything like those 3.

The burden of competition would for certain be on the 3 guys I would choose as teammates. My help would be minimal. :o:D

Or three +3 guys, like was mentioned above.