Golf Scramble Question

frankdracman23

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played with my youngest yesterday. Hit his 3wood 310. It's just not that uncommon frankly. Outdrove me by 25yds and I nutted my driver.
Justin Thomas hit a 3 wood 300 yards during the US Open off the fairway. Dude is 150 pounds soaking wet. Some dudes are just freaks of nature.

Justin Thomas hit a 3 wood 300 yards during the US Open off the fairway. Dude is 150 pounds soaking wet. Some dudes are just freaks of nature.

My weirdly long arms definitely help me generate some crazy swing speeds for someone my size.

Some of you talking 165 yard 9 iron shots, that's long. I saw an interview with Dustin Johnson after his round today in the Canadian Open and he answered a question about one of his shots into a green and he said he hit his 9 iron 145 on the shot. And he's one of the longest guys on tour.

Some of you talking 165 yard 9 iron shots, that's long. I saw an interview with Dustin Johnson after his round today in the Canadian Open and he answered a question about one of his shots into a green and he said he hit his 9 iron 145 on the shot. And he's one of the longest guys on tour.

1) You're referring to driving distance.

2) As stated above, length does not equal good, haha.

DJ had a 2 club wind in his face then he hits a 9 at least 165 with a still wind.

DJ had a 2 club wind in his face then he hits a 9 at least 165 with a still wind.

I'm not disagreeing with the 9 iron yardage distances posted on here, only quoting what DJ said.

I figured he was a bit longer than 145 with a 9 iron. However, that's still several clubs different from what I would have to hit from that distance :D.