On a scale of 1-10, rank Stoops' tenure so far

BigVMan23

1 being worst 10 being best. Personally I don't think you can give him any more than a 4. Recruiting seemingly has improved, but have yet to see any real improvement on the field and they continue to be non competitive in important games.

By the way, at the same point in his tenure at Vanderbilt, after 3 years James Franklin had 11 SEC wins. Let that sink in a minute.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure what's going on behind what the media can't see. I believe we have the athletes to compete in the SEC, but there's no reason to be 4-4. Auburn and Florida should both be W's and there's no reason we couldn't be competitive against UT and Miss St. That being said I give him a 2-3.

Not sure what's going on behind what the media can't see. I believe we have the athletes to compete in the SEC, but there's no reason to be 4-4. Auburn and Florida should both be W's and there's no reason we couldn't be competitive against UT and Miss St. That being said I give him a 2-3.

UK is in no way deep enough to compete with the elite of the SEC. Think back to when the TB from Richmond committed to Bama. He's 3rd on their depth chart and would have started day 1 at UK. The SEC big boys would have to get into their 3 deep before they'd take a UK lineman ahead of theirs with the possible exception of Toth. Speed? Speed wins those 1:1 matchups. Why are Johnson and Bone not open like they were early? SEC corners are FAST. Safeties are big and FAST.

Going to take time to build that type of depth.

What's the scale? Compared to other SEC programs? Compared to where he started from?

Whatever your opinion is. The job you think he has done in his almost 3 years here. Some are comparing him to Joker. Joker was probably at the bottom of the scale at 1. Recruiting is better but the on field product hasn't improved to a great extent since Jokers departure (in my opinion). Joker could have lost to Tenn and Miss State the same way Stoops did. Then look at what James Franklin did at Vanderbilt in 3 years. I mean we're talking Vanderbilt. 11 SEC wins. I'm starting to think Stoops is not as advertised/hoped for.