Mason County Job Open

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't sleep on Tim Sullivan. Yes his family is embedded into NKY, but he may be more open to the move than some think. If it happens you heard it here first. :sssh:

While I think living in Southern Alexandria is an easy fix for both his and his wife's commute. Mason Co better bring something special to the table as I get the impression he truly loves the program he has built at Cooper.

I wouldn't sleep on Tim Sullivan. Yes his family is embedded into NKY, but he may be more open to the move than some think. If it happens you heard it here first. :sssh:

Sully is planning on being the head coach at Cooper in 15-16 but him an O'Hearn are REALLY good friends so him making the jump to MC wouldn't be that big of a shock to those who know him personally outside of basketball....

May be a little far fetched, but is Kelly Carwile an option to return to coach? I'm not real sure where he was at last year, but was a good assistant at MC before he took the head coaching job at Pike Central.

Head coach @ Grayson County

See Post #43 for an explanation.

Updated List:

Buddy Biggs -

Former Ashland & Pendleton HC, former Mason Co Asst

Allen Feldhaus Jr. -

Madison Central, Alum

Willie Feldhaus -

formerly Russell Co., Alum

David Henley -

Eastern Head Coach - Connection to current superintendent at Mason

Brad Cox -

Current Mason Co assistant last 5 years

Jason Hinson -

Augusta (possibly no teaching degree)

Tim Sullivan -

Cooper

I'd be shocked if it was Sullivan. But I am wrong daily, so there's that.

A name that hasn't been mentioned, but wouldn't shock me in the least is Brian Miller. He was on the bench this year. Has name recognition (Darius' Dad) and a lot of basketball knowledge. I've heard his name around town more than once, so I won't be shocked.

Hinson wouldn't be a shock either, I think there are jobs in the system that he could get to facilitate his coaching.

Brad Cox is a good solid choice, and if O'Hearn gets to make the choice who I think he'll pick.

but again. I know nothing.

Brian miller has a lot support on the street. Not sure if he is interested or if he has teaching certificate.

I think Hinson should at least get an interview If he applies.

Jason Holland would be a great choice. Im just not sure he would want to go thru the whole house buying, family moving thing after what the adminstration at Montgomery did to him. (sad)

From what I know, he is retired from his career and collecting pension, plus he is Darius' agent, so I don't know if he'd be "para"professional, as he could be in the building whenever necessary...

I'd be shocked if it was Sullivan. But I am wrong daily, so there's that.

A name that hasn't been mentioned, but wouldn't shock me in the least is Brian Miller. He was on the bench this year. Has name recognition (Darius' Dad) and a lot of basketball knowledge. I've heard his name around town more than once, so I won't be shocked.

Hinson wouldn't be a shock either, I think there are jobs in the system that he could get to facilitate his coaching.

Brad Cox is a good solid choice, and if O'Hearn gets to make the choice who I think he'll pick.

but again. I know nothing.

I certainly hope you're 100% correct regarding Sullivan. He's one of the hottest coaches in NKY and I've seen first hand how much the folks at MC like him since he used to be an assistant there years ago and from his Cooper teams playing in the tourney MC does every year.

He has arguably 3 of the best guards in NKY for the next 2 years so selfishly I'm hoping he stays put but I could see it happening and I wouldn't be shocked in the least.

It looks like MC loses 5 of their top 6 scorers to graduation. What's the talent look like for those returning? I can't imagine they're looking at another 27-3 season next year when you lose that kind of offensive production.

It looks like MC loses 5 of their top 6 scorers to graduation. What's the talent look like for those returning? I can't imagine they're looking at another 27-3 season next year when you lose that kind of offensive production.

JV and Freshman both had really good seasons. Will drop off, but not way off. Certainly will be a smaller lineup. You may actually see Mason County play zone next year.

There aren't a whole lot of teams out there that will go 27-3 regardless of who is returning and who is not.