Mason County Job Open

Would Booher really be a candidate? He just moved to Pikeville as an Assistant Principle/AD and his wife also has a nice job in the School district and is from Pikeville. It seemed like a big part of leaving Holmes was to spend more time with family and to get back to where he is from and to pursue more educational goals. Would this job really make him want to give that all up and move his family again??

Former Holmes coach Booher heads to Pikeville

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim Sullivan? Nope, wouldn't want to relocate and too far to commute..

I wouldn't think so either. 3 young kids, he's got a good gig at Cooper, and his wife is a teacher and Volleyball Coach at Scott. She just took Scott to the State Semi's last year and is returning most of that team next year. She's got one of the best situations in NKY Volleyball.

Help me out here! Why does a person like Ethan Faulkner continually get mentioned for big time jobs. Isn't he only 24 and has zero Head Coaching experience.

I completely understand why you would ask such a question but believe me, who ever is lucky enough to eventually pick up Ethan Faulkner as their head coach will not be disappointed. I've seen Ethan and Evan (his brother) runs some summer AAU practices and was completely blown away. Ethan has tremendous knowledge of the game, will be 100% dedicated to a program, and with Ethan spending time coaching at NKU he's seen just about every situation imaginable. Mason Co has a strong history of several young AAU teams year after year as well, believe me, he'd be heavily involved in those groups as well and would build a great program from top to bottom.

Congratulations to Coach O'Hearn on his promotion. One of the truly classy Coaches in the state. With him, it was and always will be about helping the kids. Personally, I can say he was very helpful in many ways with my son, Brent Bach, and obviously, many Coaches would have perceived that very, very differently than he did. I will always be grateful and respectful of the man..........Good luck.

May be a little far fetched, but is Kelly Carwile an option to return to coach? I'm not real sure where he was at last year, but was a good assistant at MC before he took the head coaching job at Pike Central.

Would Booher really be a candidate? He just moved to Pikeville as an Assistant Principle/AD and his wife also has a nice job in the School district and is from Pikeville. It seemed like a big part of leaving Holmes was to spend more time with family and to get back to where he is from and to pursue more educational goals. Would this job really make him want to give that all up and move his family again??

Former Holmes coach Booher heads to Pikeville

Booher IS NOT a candidate.

He has retired from coaching basketball and there isn't a job in this state he'd give up his current situation for. Only way I see him returning to coaching is if it is at the collegiate level and I don't know if he would return for that either.

Booher IS NOT a candidate.

He has retired from coaching basketball and there isn't a job in this state he'd give up his current situation for. Only way I see him returning to coaching is if it is at the collegiate level and I don't know if he would return for that either.

That's what I figured. Everything that I read and heard was that the job he took in Pikeville was his dream job, and would position him for what he wanted to do the rest of his life. Plus with his kids growing up he would be able to watch and spend more time with them.

Listed below are the names and comments listed before with some of the names that others have scratched off (and Hinson moved down because of the question about him being able to teach). Just copied this and ruled out some names that were mentioned later.

Any more of these that we can rule out and/or anyone with head coaching experience that you'd think would be required by the Mason County job that we should add? I don't see someone with just a year or two experience being able to get this job.

Buddy Biggs -

Former Ashland & Pendleton HC, former Mason Co Asst

Allen Feldhaus Jr. -

Madison Central, Alum

Willie Feldhaus -

formerly Russell Co., Alum

David Henley -

Eastern Head Coach - Connection to current superintendent at Mason

Brad Cox -

Current Mason Co assistant last 5 years

Jason Hinson -

Augusta (possibly no teaching degree)

I wouldn't sleep on Tim Sullivan. Yes his family is embedded into NKY, but he may be more open to the move than some think. If it happens you heard it here first. :sssh:

Maybe so...but I think his wife would be the key factor. Scott Volleyball is the region favorite for probably the next several years, (after making the final 4 this year) with chances to make deep runs in the State Tourney (no chance of beating the top Louisville schools though). She's also been teaching at Scott for at least 10 years. Now in theory, they could split the difference and live somewhere in between giving both of them a 30 some mile commute. I just have a hard time envisioning her leaving the nice gig she has at Scott and a program she has built from the bottom.

I have no inside info on this, just a guess on my part.