Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mason County Job Open

Featured Replies

That's a pretty strong list. Can we agree that MC is a better job than Ashland?

 

I don't know what either of them pay, but there are a lot of similarities between the two.

 

With respect to 16th Region folks, the 10th has been a bit better region overall for basketball, so I'd give Mason County the nod over Ashland. But both are really, really good jobs & the most prestigious in their respective regions IMO.

  • Replies 204
  • Views 53.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than Dave Henley, these are the names I would expect to come up. And the only reason I don't expect Dave Henley is because I have no idea who he is.

 

I'm thinking you probably do. He's the guy who used to coach Holmes.

I'm thinking you probably do. He's the guy who used to coach Holmes.

 

Still doesn't ring a bell.

 

How long ago?

I want to thank Coach O'Hearn for giving me the chance to help with the boys and giving me the experience of being a small part of a State Championship that I will remember for the rest of my life. Chris is a class act and is making a good move for his career. The best thing is that I am glad to call him my friend!!!!!

Still doesn't ring a bell.

 

How long ago?

 

State Championship year and a few years before that I'm thinking. Pretty much any of their 2005-2010 run before Booher got there.

State Championship year and a few years before that I'm thinking. Pretty much any of their 2005-2010 run before Booher got there.

 

Henley was there from 99 or 2000-2010.

 

As far as Booher goes, scratch his name off the list. When he left Holmes, he left coaching for good. His family has an amazing situation in Pikeville and his kids are at an age where he is more concerned with being at their games than coaching.

Mason County AD with 2 big jobs to fill

Applicants I would see are:

 

Hinson - Augusta

Biggs - Former Ashland and Pendleton Head Coach, former Mason Co asst

Allen Jr. - Madison Central, Alum

Willie Fieldhaus - Alum

Dave Henley - Eastern Head Coach - Connections to current superintendent at Mason

Jason Booher - Former Holmes Head Coach, Current AD, connections to current superintendent at Mason

Brad Cox - Current Mason Co assistant last 5 years.

 

Someone come up with some more because I don't see anyone on this list filling the job.

Chris O'Hearn is one of the best people I have been around- ever. He is a big reason basketball kids have played football. Kelly Wells also did that for us- another great guy like Chris.

 

Congrats to Coach O'Hearn!

Someone come up with some more because I don't see anyone on this list filling the job.

 

Don't be so sure about that....I can see atleast one of those getting the job if they were to interview.

 

As for the list, I believe Jason Hinson doesn't have a teaching degree which would make it hard for him to get that position. Could be wrong though. Not sure what MC uses as criteria for their head coaching vacancy.

Any chance of Jason Holland? He was very successful at Henry and Oldham before moving on to get the shaft ( or so its been said ) at Montgomery despite a 30 win season. Not sure what he is doing now, but I would think he would have a shot.

Tim Sullivan? Nope, wouldn't want to relocate and too far to commute..

I'm going to throw out a couple names here

 

Coy Zerheusen - Oldham County

Brandon Grammer - Grant County

 

Two young guys who have been pretty successful in their first two seasons as head coaches.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.