• Thick
    • Thiin

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like both. My choice on any given day depends on my mood.

If forced to choose only one for the rest of my life, then I would choose thin without hesitation.

Exactly my answer also...it depends on what I feel like from day to day, but when push comes to shove I'll take thin.

Wish that I could answer "thin or thick" and just leave it at that, but we all know that's not gonna happen, don't we?

Thin for sure... I admittedly love to indulge when it's pizza time (but then again who doesn't?)

Thick dough ruins the chance to indulge by delivering too much starch in just a couple of slices, then it's game over, and also takes away from the ingredient's combinations of flavors that draw me to pizza in the first place.

Too much dough throws the joy of pizza out of balance, and is the cause of any heartburn or stuffed feeling that I experience later.

Thin crust done right, but not over done turning it into a burnt cracker is the preferred choice for the perfect delivery system for the optimal pizza pie with its tasty fresh ingredients.

On a side note:

It bewilders me how pizza joints push breadsticks and sauce as an appetizer before the main event of the pizza, that is again bread and sauce etc... ,and follow it up with the suggestion of a dessert of cinnamon breadsticks.

Seriously?

Someone there has unashamedly tried to pull a fast one, all for the sake of sales, by trying to set a standard for the pizza experience by implying to gullible pedestrian diners that they haven't completed the experience if they haven't stuffed themselves blind on bread every step of the way during their visit.

Sure, no one's holding a gun to anyone's head forcing them to buy into this concept, but through advertising undoubtedly they've found enough suckers out there to fall for it who will end up paying for it three times, first in their purchase, secondly in their pizza night induced coma, and thirdly in their overall long term poor health.

I'm with 2C on this...I like both, and depends on my mood. When I want think crust, nothing beats real Chicago pie from Chicago...Lou Malnati's, Giordano's...there are some others I have had up there as well that I liked. With that said, if I could only have one style for the rest of my life, it would probably be thin crust style.