Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Strongest Players

Featured Replies

Sounds like some Fish stoies in this thread. LOL If all things in this thread is true than it would be very scary to play at the high school football level. LOL

  • Replies 194
  • Views 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like some Fish stoies in this thread. LOL If all things in this thread is true than it would be very scary to play at the high school football level. LOL

 

Ashland’s strength coach, Tony Love, is a stickler for correct form. He teaches advanced conditioning (a PE class) where these lifts were witnessed. I wouldn’t have posted the results above if I didn’t think they were accurate.

 

Gone fishing,

 

Graybeard

Rockcastle County

Casey Hayes-9th grader-14 years old

Bench: 250

Squat: 375

PowerClean: 300

 

These are maxes.

I'd almost be willing to bet there aren't any other 14 year olds that can power clean 300lbs. I may be wrong. But KUDOS to this kid. Stout as an OX. He will more than likely have 320 by the end of the month. These were 3 week old stats, so I believe he has went up since then in all categories.

 

 

Sounds a bit suspect, Power clean is usually the weakest lift among freshmen, a.) to be cleaning that much more than you bench that young almost never happens, b.) someone that young usually hasn't mastered the technique of power clean that well to be cleaning over 300 so i may have to call false on this claim

Ashland had max outs this week in advanced conditioning. These are the top 3 squats.

 

 

Walters - 600

Gallaher - 535

Davis - 515

 

I've seen a few 500 lb squats but the 600 is bit hard to believe, and to have that many good squatters ashland needs to be winning some state championships or running for about 1,000 yards an outting.

I've seen a few 500 lb squats but the 600 is bit hard to believe, and to have that many good squatters ashland needs to be winning some state championships or running for about 1,000 yards an outting.

 

 

It may be hard to believe for you, but my sources say it's true.

:flame:

I know for a fact it's true because i was a witness each time.

I've seen a few 500 lb squats but the 600 is bit hard to believe, and to have that many good squatters ashland needs to be winning some state championships or running for about 1,000 yards an outting.

 

Its true.

I've seen a few 500 lb squats but the 600 is bit hard to believe, and to have that many good squatters ashland needs to be winning some state championships or running for about 1,000 yards an outting.

 

I know Michael Walters VERY, VERY WELL ;) Ive seen some 500 squats in my day as well, and I know Michael had it as a sophomore. But I know for a FACT that he did squat 600 lbs and I know that the other numbers listed above from Ashland are true as well. I also know for a fact ( Ive been to the maxes and the workouts and seen this with my own two eyes) squats are to be done with your hamstrings parallel to the floor, and if you do not get a "up call" from a Varsity coach then that max does not count. These numbers are true, Ashland's workouts are very intense and produce some very nice numbers, As far as the state Championships go, this weight program has only been in place under Coach Hart, which has been three years. Ashland is building, the guys coming up will be stronger than the ones there now. The State Championships will come.

I know Michael Walters VERY, VERY WELL ;) Ive seen some 500 squats in my day as well, and I know Michael had it as a sophomore. But I know for a FACT that he did squat 600 lbs and I know that the other numbers listed above from Ashland are true as well. I also know for a fact ( Ive been to the maxes and the workouts and seen this with my own two eyes) squats are to be done with your hamstrings parallel to the floor, and if you do not get a "up call" from a Varsity coach then that max does not count. These numbers are true, Ashland's workouts are very intense and produce some very nice numbers, As far as the state Championships go, this weight program has only been in place under Coach Hart, which has been three years. Ashland is building, the guys coming up will be stronger than the ones there now. The State Championships will come.

 

:thumb: :thumb:

 

He speaks the truth!

Corey Gilbert of Ludlow. I once saw him and his buddy Homer carry a cast iron bathtub up 3 flights of steps without stopping.

Corey Gilbert of Ludlow. I once saw him and his buddy Homer carry a cast iron bathtub up 3 flights of steps without stopping.

How much water was in it?

How much water was in it?

 

About 6 inches and tackle Aaron Duncan 6'3" and 260lbs.:thumb:

Sounds a bit suspect, Power clean is usually the weakest lift among freshmen, a.) to be cleaning that much more than you bench that young almost never happens, b.) someone that young usually hasn't mastered the technique of power clean that well to be cleaning over 300 so i may have to call false on this claim

Not only is he a freshmen but he is just 14 years old. You can call this false if you want to, good thing s that your from Corbin and you will get to see this kid on Friday nights this Fall. I have seen him do it numerous times myself personally. He has 3 big ones one each side on the bar. 45 lbs each, that is 315. He had 320 up on Friday but fell back or it would've counted. Once again, I've witnessed this everytime it was attempted it isn't false.

If 3 wishes says it, I believe it. I have never seen any dishonesty in his posts and have no reason to doubt him. This does seem unrealistic to me, but if he says it, I have to buy into it. That is amazing.

With a good program, those numbers are easily attainable. The number 600 just doesn't come up alot in these parts, so thats why theres dissbelief. It just takes commitment.

 

Ex. The 1994 Leslie Co. team that went 13-1 and lost to Cov Cath in the state semi's, had 7 guys squatting over 500lbs. The leader was Randall Cobb, who squatted 645, and the bar was bending over his back.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.