Strongest Players

SkinsLB22

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at all this weight some of these boys are putting up i dont get it. Russell boys have a couple strong ones, one of the strongest ones is the kicker Dwaine Evans so of the boys find that funny cause hes the kicker, but as of right now russell has noone benching of 300 or squatting 500 hundred but you better believe russell is bringing the heat when i say heat i mean speed, but yea they are coming back and running the Wing-t with speed and technique

Rockcastle County

Casey Hayes-9th grader-14 years old

Bench: 250

Squat: 375

PowerClean: 300

These are maxes.

I'd almost be willing to bet there aren't any other 14 year olds that can power clean 300lbs. I may be wrong. But KUDOS to this kid. Stout as an OX. He will more than likely have 320 by the end of the month. These were 3 week old stats, so I believe he has went up since then in all categories.

Update:

Casey Hayes just tied the school record in the powerclean today. He tied Tanner Abney (02') and Jason Leger (UK)(03') with a 315 pound clean.

3 of Rock's lineman got 225 18 times today after their sets.

Ashland has 3 people that squat over 500lbs, Fields Davis, Michael Walters and Travis Gallagher.

I heard that they are maxing this week in advanced conditioning. I also heard that Michael Walters was going to attempt a squat of 600 lbs. Did he get it? Who else is putting up big numbers?

Strength is a very important Role in Football and can really give a team the upper hand. However they are some disadvantges to Weight lifting. If these weights that are being done in correctly it can destroy a Player.

Yes I believe that they are some very strong athletes in the Mountains but when you say a player can Squat 500 Bench 400 and so on, can u say that with them doining it the proper way. I myself consider a squat, tp be paralle with no Box. And Bench must be done with the back on the bench. Getting the weight up any way you can is not a good way to judge strength. If a kid is doing that kinda of weight the right way then he is a Strong Athlete

What do you think about Benching with an Arc or Box Squats.

Strength is a very important Role in Football and can really give a team the upper hand. However they are some disadvantges to Weight lifting. If these weights that are being done in correctly it can destroy a Player.

Yes I believe that they are some very strong athletes in the Mountains but when you say a player can Squat 500 Bench 400 and so on, can u say that with them doining it the proper way. I myself consider a squat, tp be paralle with no Box. And Bench must be done with the back on the bench. Getting the weight up any way you can is not a good way to judge strength. If a kid is doing that kinda of weight the right way then he is a Strong Athlete

What do you think about Benching with an Arc or Box Squats.

I agree with this, but as far as Ashland is concerned I have heard the coaching staff watches these kids closely to see that they are done safely and effectively.( squats must be parallel to the ground)