Brushes with fame...

rockmom

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've shaken Bill Clinton's hand, but that wasn't really random. Spoken with many HOFers at ballcard shows, but they weren't random either.

Mcdaughter sang the national anthem on opening night of the horse show at the state fair a couple of years ago. Sat behind Bill Shatner that evening. Sat a row behind the Temple bench at Louisville in Freedom Hall when they were playing in the NIT a few yeas back (guests of the family of one of the Temple players) - remember that game where the floor got wet because they were having Ice Capades a couple of days later? Sat 2 seats from Buddy Ryan; then was invited to go behind the scenes to meet John Chaney. He was as nice a man as I've ever spoken to. Brooks Robinson came to the neighborhood when I was a kid and gave me an autographed baseball - had to be mid-60s. Mcson played scrabble with John Kitna and his family on a flight from Cincy to Seattle several years ago.

And of course, I met Randy Parker at a Bracken County basketball game. That probably outshine all the other ones put together.

The fact that you laughed when she miscarried just made me laugh. Not sure who is more twisted based on that :lol:

My brushes...I almost hit Ken Griffey JR with my car in the Fudruckers parking lot in Florence in the summer of 05'. I walked past Sinbad and The guy who played Ashy Larry on the Chappel Show in the Atlanta Airport when I was on my way to my honeymoon. I was security for Anthony Davis at one of his autograph sessions.

Ha! I wasn't referring to laughing at her miscarrying. I was referring to laughing throughout the taping. Maybe I should have clarified.

My folks were flying from Germany to Milwaukee one summer. My dad would always bring some good German beer to share with his brothers. They flew into to Detroit, then got on a plane for a connection flight to Milwaukee. Sitting right in front of my dad was Mother Theresa. She was headed to Marquete University to receive a special award.

To this day, my dad brags about how he stored his carry-on luggage, full of beer, under Mother Theresa's seat.