KHSAA Financial Position

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their budget is around 3 million so a million dollar hit would be big.

$3.2 million in 2015. Probably has gone up since then. Roughly 1/2 their total expenses are Admin Costs. I found an annual report from 2007/2008 which gives a little insight into what their revenues look like vs expenses.

https://khsaa.org/annualmeeting/20082009/khsaaannualreport2008.pdf

I can see them taking a portion of postseason events for a few years to help out. Currently, Kentucky is the ONLY state where the state association does not dip into the postseason proceeds. In Kentucky that money is currently divided up in accordance to each districts/regions agreed terms. The only postseason events where the KHSAA pockets any money are state championships.

Other states take a portion from all postseason events. Each state varies on this.

Agreed. I don’t see money as an issue at all. Makes for a convenient excuse for them to ask for donations but deep down we all know they’ll be fine.

Agreed. I think they'll be fine, but I also didn't have a problem with them asking for a donation. I do hope that the crowds are big at every state championship event during the 2020-21 season. Hopefully people will realize what they've missed and won't take it for granted.