Charles Barkley

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know he's an NBA guy but he doesn't know any of the players names and he's known for a long time he was doing this.

I don't think he is all too great. He's not polished at all. Talks as if he has a load of marbles in his mouth. Makes crazy statements, but I guess he's there for the "clown" effect..........just my opinion.

He doesn't know that much about what's going on in the college game as he does the NBA, but he is hilarious. I've enjoyed the back and forth between him and the other guys. He's hammered the Big East pretty hard, but I agree with him.

I've said all year the Big East is not the best conference, just the biggest. They're way over-hyped. UK kicked Louisville and Notre Dame's butts back when the Cats were still young and learning, early in the season...and that include Harrelson and Liggins as well as the frosh.

You guys will love this then. Happened a week or so ago before the tourney started during coverage of one of the NBA games on TNT.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=Nn-J7Svchh8

Did anyone catch when Greg Gumbel said "the Duke game is up next in ESPN.....I mean CBS....what am I saying....". Hilarious....

He is there for his opinion, which is often on the money and hilarious. Doesn't kiss butt and that is what makes him refreshing.

Let the other guys memorize the stats.

Exactly, he is not politically correct and that is why I like listening to him. There are enough boring guys in the studio.

Say what you want about Charles and we all know he has his flaws but he calls what he sees. I love it when he talks about how 7' guys can't get double digit rebounds in a game. He says there is no excuse for it and he is right. I loved what he said about the Big East being a bunch of mediocre teams with great coaches. Pitino was beside himself listening to Charles talk about the league.

^ Speaking of Rick, how did he swing that gig the past 3 days? I like Rick in that setting and I guess could be trying to secure a future gig. He loves to hear himself talk (as do a lot of coaches, not taking a shot here) and does a solid job.