Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Charles Barkley

Featured Replies

Sir Charles says what everyone else would like to say.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ Speaking of Rick, how did he swing that gig the past 3 days? I like Rick in that setting and I guess could be trying to secure a future gig. He loves to hear himself talk (as do a lot of coaches, not taking a shot here) and does a solid job.

 

I agree, he did a pretty good job.

^ Speaking of Rick, how did he swing that gig the past 3 days? I like Rick in that setting and I guess could be trying to secure a future gig. He loves to hear himself talk (as do a lot of coaches, not taking a shot here) and does a solid job.

 

On the other hand, I would say at the top of the list of things you never want to do as an NCAA coach - sports commentator on opening weekend of March Madness.

On the other hand, I would say at the top of the list of things you never want to do as an NCAA coach - sports commentator on opening weekend of March Madness.

I agree. He obviously did not want this to happen at the expense of losing to Morehead State, but Rick is enjoying himself and trying to boost his PR ratings which took a hit last summer.

Barkley is awesome, he shoots straight and tells it how it is. Too many sugar coaters in the sporting world.

The dart board graphic of the Big East had me rolling.

 

I laughed out loud on that one, too. Whoever described Sir Charles as talking with "marbles in his mouth" described him pretty accurately, too!

I laughed out loud on that one, too. Whoever described Sir Charles as talking with "marbles in his mouth" described him pretty accurately, too!

 

That sounds extremely dangerous.

  • Author

Barkley said that Notre Dame would loss last night and Pitino told him no way. Chalk one up for Sir Charles.

I have to give it to Ricky P. He's done an excellent job as an analyst, with the exception of his constant love for the Big East. If he truly wants to excel in this arena, he's going to have to put aside that bias. But I enjoy his analysis, because the guy knows the game, has coached it for years, and can eloquently communicate his thoughts. Also have to hand it to him for taking the verbal beating that Barkley has put on him in the last few days.

 

But you also have to hand it to Barkley. Even though it's been painfully obvious that he failed to study many of these teams, he's beaten the 'Big East is overrated' horse to death and he looks like a genius because of it.

He also said at half time of UKs game that they would win when everyone else was picking WVA with the lead they had.

  • Author
I have to give it to Ricky P. He's done an excellent job as an analyst, with the exception of his constant love for the Big East. If he truly wants to excel in this arena, he's going to have to put aside that bias. But I enjoy his analysis, because the guy knows the game, has coached it for years, and can eloquently communicate his thoughts. Also have to hand it to him for taking the verbal beating that Barkley has put on him in the last few days.

 

But you also have to hand it to Barkley. Even though it's been painfully obvious that he failed to study many of these teams, he's beaten the 'Big East is overrated' horse to death and he looks like a genius because of it.

 

I couldn't agree more. It's funny with Pitino. As a long time UK fan I really want to like him and a big part of me does. What he did while at UK will always be appreciated and admired by yours truely. I lost a lot of respect for him last year and now with Calipari at UK the distance between Pitino and the UK fan base seems to be growing. I like the fact that the rivalry has intensified but I kinda hate it that when all is said and done Rick Pitino will be more of a UK villian and UK hero.

 

However, when I see him in this setting I am reminded of why I liked him so much when he was at UK. Great communicator and very knowledgable about college basketball.

I couldn't agree more. It's funny with Pitino. As a long time UK fan I really want to like him and a big part of me does. What he did while at UK will always be appreciated and admired by yours truely. I lost a lot of respect for him last year and now with Calipari at UK the distance between Pitino and the UK fan base seems to be growing. I like the fact that the rivalry has intensified but I kinda hate it that when all is said and done Rick Pitino will be more of a UK villian and UK hero.

 

However, when I see him in this setting I am reminded of why I liked him so much when he was at UK. Great communicator and very knowledgable about college basketball.

You just can't believe what he communicates. :lol:

Barkley was a lot better today IMO. He called Arizona and Florida to win at the half. He insisted on Arizona winning and got some interesting looks.

Sir Charles is hitting on all cylinders in his first March Madness run.

 

He sounds dumb sometimes but he has been on the money for most of the tournament.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.