In What Bowl Will UK Land?

Zoot Soup

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either Birmingham or Memphis. If Auburn loses to SC it could be Detroit. I think it will come down to if Liberty Bowl wants UK or UGA. I know it's on the same day as UL vs. UK BB game but I'd prefer a return trip to Memphis, probably not going to Birmingham if cats go there. .

I have to admit that my first reaction was, as they might say in Germany, the "Water Closet" Bowl.

But I actually think Alabama Larry's suggestion is a good idea. Both teams "travel well". But I think that with a 6-6 record, the only way to make sure that the UK fans are willing to travel would be to schedule an interesting opponent. Notre Dame would certainly qualify.

UK/ND maybe?

They should "man up" and not accept going to any bowl. The same for all .500 teams in the country. The bowl system is a joke, and if people stop going, it would change. It's hoops season in the bluegrass.

I am not sure what you are getting at here. It is not as if these lower tier bowl games are affecting college football. So if you are a team invited at 6-6 with a young team in a tough conference, you should decline the opportunity to get in another month of practice and game experience? Granted, I do not enjoy watching all these games, but I do not feel they are entirely useless.

I am not sure what you are getting at here. It is not as if these lower tier bowl games are affecting college football. So if you are a team invited at 6-6 with a young team in a tough conference, you should decline the opportunity to get in another month of practice and game experience? Granted, I do not enjoy watching all these games, but I do not feel they are entirely useless.

I agree. :thumb:

I just wonder can UK even refuse to not attend a bowl?

Isn't the money that teams earn by playing in bowls equally shared by all of the Conference members?

If UK were to refuse to play in a bowl, would that mean they couldn't share in the money earned by the other teams who played in bowl games?