In What Bowl Will UK Land?

Zoot Soup

I am not sure what you are getting at here. It is not as if these lower tier bowl games are affecting college football. So if you are a team invited at 6-6 with a young team in a tough conference, you should decline the opportunity to get in another month of practice and game experience? Granted, I do not enjoy watching all these games, but I do not feel they are entirely useless.

They are entirely worthless. How have the Cats progressed by playing in these worthless bowls to this point? UK won 2 games in their conference. Turn in the uniforms.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are entirely worthless. How have the Cats progressed by playing in these worthless bowls to this point? UK won 2 games in their conference. Turn in the uniforms.

And you are wrong, period. The extra practice for the young players and the exposure to recruits that come along with a Bowl are priceless. Yes, It is a joke for 6-6- teams to be bowl eligible but that is the current rule. Absolutely you take advantage of it. Don't be clouded by your pure hate. Common sense say take advantage without a doubt.

And you are wrong, period. The extra practice for the young players and the exposure to recruits that come along with a Bowl are priceless. Yes, It is a joke for 6-6- teams to be bowl eligible but that is the current rule. Absolutely you take advantage of it. Don't be clouded by your pure hate. Common sense say take advantage without a doubt.

So where have they grown from their past 6-6 experiences? Right at this spot 6-6 again. It is a moneymaker for the conferences, and a vacation for the fans. Send 'em to Detroit, and see how many folks attend.

I agree with LABS. Detroit.

The best case scenario for fans to travel would be Birmingham against Louisville. I seem to remember a few years ago when the Florida schools played in a bowl in Florida and it was a rematch.

It's happened several times, last time Florida / Florida State in the 1996 Sugar Bowl.

So where have they grown from their past 6-6 experiences? Right at this spot 6-6 again. It is a moneymaker for the conferences, and a vacation for the fans. Send 'em to Detroit, and see how many folks attend.

I guess you didn't even read my post. Sorry for the facts.

This is what I conclude from you posts: that your basic philosophy reminds me of a "cheer" that I read in Mad Magazine many years ago:

"We want a touchdown, we want a touchdown.

We're gonna get one, we're gonna get one.

When Hell freezes over, when Hell freezes over.

Quit, Team, Quit!"

Seems like a great mantra for a football team....

I guess you didn't even read my post. Sorry for the facts.

I read your post. You are incorrect. You think a great recruit is going to watch UK and Alabama Birmingham play and decide they wanted to be a Cat? Why didn't those great recruits come in before? The Cats are always in the same predicament. About .500 and not good in SEC play. They are a team that benefits from the whole "bowl eleigble" disgrace. Get your six wins and we will find a bowl for you. They had a coach that had coached in the NFL-that didn't help. They have had NFL talent on teams that didn't help. They must get better, and not settle for mediocrity. That's what the UK football program is. That is a step up from awful which they used to be, but if they had lost to SC, they would not be eligible for this "bowl", and what would everybody say then?

The bowl games are for the players, not the fans. UK needs to maintain for the moment. Refuse to go to bowl games, and see how many current verbal recruits rescind there commitments. I'd hate for the Cats to not be able to compete with the D1AA portion of their schedule.

The bowl games are for the players, not the fans. UK needs to maintain for the moment. Refuse to go to bowl games, and see how many current verbal recruits rescind there commitments. I'd hate for the Cats to not be able to compete with the D1AA portion of their schedule.

Agree with that, but UK is only attractive to bowl folks because of how well they travel.

I have been a UK fan since I could walk. They are who they are. UK will always be a lower tier SEC team. It is never going to change..They play Our Lady of the Blind so they can get to 6 wins to get in a bowl. It is Groundhogs Day over and over...blah blah. Kentucky Football is what it is....average at best.

And if they'd beaten Auburn they'd be another step up on the rung... When your argument centers around "if" statements, it's not very strong.

You've stated your case that the bowl preparation does nothing for the team in the big picture... But sitting at home watching other teams play is somehow making them better? By this point in the game, you should already be motivated... So I'm not really sure where that advantage comes in. Care to explain further, History?

And if they'd beaten Auburn they'd be another step up on the rung... When your argument centers around "if" statements, it's not very strong.

You've stated your case that the bowl preparation does nothing for the team in the big picture... But sitting at home watching other teams play is somehow making them better? By this point in the game, you should already be motivated... So I'm not really sure where that advantage comes in. Care to explain further, History?

They had their chance yesterday to play in a much better bowl game. That was their opportunity and they blew it again. If their coaches and team can't get as prepared as they can be for that game with the bragging rights, streak, etc on the line, then I don't think they warrant another chance.