Brett Favre to Retire

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's legit this time... It's the exact opposite of the last two offseasons: Announced his retirement early, we all thought he was gone, and he comes back.

This time we all thought he was coming back for sure until we're a month away from the season starting and then he announces his retirement.

I agree, I won't believe it until I see Tavaris Jackson take a snap. If he does retire, does it mean he cost Vikings chance at McNabb or any other QB's that signed elsewhere?

Even then I am not ruling out Favre coming out of retirement a few games in to the season to take over for the Vikes if Jackson is not getting it done.

I agree, I won't believe it until I see Tavaris Jackson take a snap. If he does retire, does it mean he cost Vikings chance at McNabb or any other QB's that signed elsewhere?

It probably does, but why does he really care? He was only using the Vikings for personal gain, by trying to stab Green Bay.

I don't believe it either. Wasn't it a month ago when he was saying he didn't want to go to training camp and then Childress said he needed 2-3 weeks of training camp. I think he is giving his ankle a little more time to heal. He had the surgery he said he needed to be able to play. I have a hard time believing he got so close to the Super Bowl and is going to walk away now. I guess we'll see.