Brett Favre to Retire

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't know that's how it went down with texts. I don't believe anything the media says. If Favre said it himself then I'll believe it.

Since he has been the beacon of truth in all of this the past few years? :lol:

Look, Brett loves the attention and wants to be begged to come play for the Vikings. I am not sure he will play or not but the only way I will believe he is not going to play again is if he goes this entire season not on a roster.

Edited by bugatti

I don't buy it for a second. Just another instance of the egomaniac trying to steal the front page story. The Vikes are preparing to offer Favre more money and more time to decide according to PFT. He'll suit up.

I agree. This seems more like the typical Favre MO to me rather than the exact opposite of previous years.

Reportedly he texted some teammates that he was retiring, but just who these teammates were is unknown to me. Childress said he'd talked to him in the last 24 hours and Favre hadn't told him one way or the other. If he was certain and wanted to act opposite of his past, he could have told Childress, announced it publicly, etc...sending a few texts (if that's true) seems more like the same old Favre to me.

The Favre saga wasn't being covered like it was in past years because everyone assumed he'd play. I still assume he'll play. As others have said, until the season starts...

Even if he's leaning toward retirement, my money would be on the money and the Vikings coaxing him back for at least one more run.

He had to get some rumors swirling. Diva.

Maybe Deanna will talk him out of retiring.

Sounds like Deanna is going to be having a conversation with him regarding some new allegations involving the former FSU "fan" Jen Stenger.

The problem for Brett is that she has pics, voicemails, and emails to back up her story.

I take back what I said. I was busy yesterday and thought he had been on TV saying he was done. I didn't know it was the media that heard certain players got texts etc. Once again the media is creating a zoo. Maybe by the time he's 55 they will realize he doesn't go to training camp the whole time but he shows up to work and leads his team as one of the tops in the NFL. The media wears me out!

Sounds like Deanna is going to be having a conversation with him regarding some new allegations involving the former FSU "fan" Jen Stenger.

The problem for Brett is that she has pics, voicemails, and emails to back up her story.

I agree w/ Barstool's response. How can deadspin come out and say this without any proof? Even if Sterger has pictures and voicemails she may never make them public. If she really is starting her own web-site wouldn't these things go on there?

I take back what I said. I was busy yesterday and thought he had been on TV saying he was done. I didn't know it was the media that heard certain players got texts etc. Once again the media is creating a zoo. Maybe by the time he's 55 they will realize he doesn't go to training camp the whole time but he shows up to work and leads his team as one of the tops in the NFL. The media wears me out!

It is a media frenzy, but do not ignore that Brett loves this.

It is a media frenzy, but do not ignore that Brett loves this.

I don't think he loves it as much as people make it out. Does every QB I know have some ego...yes. I just think he loves the games + wants to compete but he has been beaten like none of us can imagine. He knows good and well (along with his teammates + coaches) that he doesn't like camp but will perform/lead when the lights go on. It wasn't a mystery when they got him so I'm not going to kill him for it. Do people really think he's going to come in early? Every teammate I've seen love him, feels like he's paid his dues to wait till late and want him to lead them. The media spins the whole thing out of control.

He is different than any individual in the game of football. He's earned rights IMO along with the teammates I've seen that others don't get. His body has been through the ringer at his age playing QB in the NFL.

I hope to heck he comes back. It's good for the NFL IMO.