Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brett Favre to Retire

Featured Replies

  • Replies 55
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get real Brett...He's not going to retire and if he does, it won't be for long.

Wow

 

Wow what? Why does Brett Farve care what happens with the Minnesota Vikings if he decides to stay retired?

Let's re-visit this thread in October.

Wow what? Why does Brett Farve care what happens with the Minnesota Vikings if he decides to stay retired?

So, he only played last year to stick it to the Packers? Okay, take a timeout, step outside yourself and see how that sounds? Loony, huh?

Great, now this is going to be the only thing on ESPN for the next week. This would have been big news four years ago.

Why because you don't like him?

Great, now this is going to be the only thing on ESPN for the next week. This would have been big news four years ago.

 

No kidding...good thing it is Shark Week.

Favre is my favorite all-time player. I opted out of my long term football league this year and I find it fitting that Favre would retire the same year I do. I'm believing this one!

I don't buy it for a second. Just another instance of the egomaniac trying to steal the front page story. The Vikes are preparing to offer Favre more money and more time to decide according to PFT. He'll suit up.

Until his papers are signed sealed and delivered there is still a chance he'll be back.

I'm afraid it's for good this time. I said all along the other times I didn't think it was real. Unless he changes his mind this next week or so I think this is it. He's without a doubt one of my favorites ever and arguably the most competitive to play the game. I don't know how any true football guy couldn't love him on the field. I can understandd the media it wears me out but he is worth the price of admission.

IMO it's not hard to understand Favre. He LOVES the game! All QB's have a little ego to them. He has fun and makes others around him loosen up and love the game too. He is the ultimate competitor and his heart loves it. His body + mind (off season) just can't hardly go much more.

I played extremly physical in high school hence the nickname on here. My body hurts at age 35. I've coached 13 years so I've been around college players + coaches. I know the physical beating those guys in college take and how big/strong they are. I couldn't imagine the impact one Pro game puts on your body. The grind of training camp one year. Now take the QB position with people like Woodly, Lewis, Hayensworth, Ware etc beating you every weak for years upon years upon years upon years upon years upon years! That's where he's at. He knows he can play. He knows Minn is right at the top in the NFL. He also knows his body is working on borrowed time. He's got his health somewhat. It's hard for all the greats to walk away. It's even harder for the most blue collar player in the history of the league.

Do I think he wanted to beat Green Bay. That's like asking if Cincy fans want the Reds to win the World Series. Of course he did. I also think people blow that story out of proportion. It's not hard. They loved Favre but they knew they had a young stud. They didn't know how long they would have Favre. They chose Rogers. Favre loved Green Bay. He knew they were close to the top and Randy Moss was sitting right there. Green Bay blew it not getting him and that was the begining of the end in that relationship. They weren't as committed to winning it all at that point as Favre was. He's a competitor maybe the best ever. I think it was best for both parties to go their seperate ways. The Vikings wanted him but GB wasn't dumb so they stuck him in a situation where he would have to go to NY before he could get to Minny. That would look bad on him instead of GB. That's how it worked then he came back and spanked them. Not much more to say that's how it went down.

I hate he's out of the game. He's one of those guys that I would stop what I was doing...sit down in the recliner and watch the rest of the game to see what he would pull off.

I think his ankle must be giving him more problems then he let on, otherwise I just really don't see why he wouldn't be suiting up again. I wouldn't be surprised if halfway through the season if he's fully rehabilitated and the Vikings are still in playoff contention that we see him step back in and take one last shot at a ring.

Do we know if #4 has actually told the Vikes he's not coming back? Or are we going off of reported texts?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.