Track The Reds (Week 15)

Looked it up myself: Looks like Dunn had 9 more RBI's than anyone else on the team and 10 more runs than anyone else in 2005. He did all this while for the most part not hitting 3rd or 4th. I'd say he was the biggest reason the were the league leaders in runs.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CIN/2005.shtml

In addition it looks like he was walked a team leading 114 times compared to the second highest of 57 so either they were afraid of him or he hit out of position and was pitched around.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hairston has developed into a solid leadoff hitter and has keyed the Reds’ recent run, going 14-for-32 (.438) with five RBIs, seven runs and three steals over the last eight games.

“We couldn’t be where we are (without him). He’s been awesome,” Reds manager Dusty Baker told the team’s official Web site.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/preview;_ylt=AhvZNJalvrV.AMGL92eIyq45nYcB?gid=280708116

Couldn't be where we are without him?? Exactly, where are the Reds right now?

They are in 4th, and they would be in last without him. :p

Looked it up myself: Looks like Dunn had 9 more RBI's than anyone else on the team and 10 more runs than anyone else in 2005. He did all this while for the most part not hitting 3rd or 4th. I'd say he was the biggest reason the were the league leaders in runs.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CIN/2005.shtml

In addition it looks like he was walked a team leading 114 times compared to the second highest of 57 so either they were afraid of him or he hit out of position and was pitched around.

Do you want to be league leaders in runs??? How about Ws?? Does no one care about their W/L record. All I here is stupid stats about how good this guy is. Give me a winner please.

Geez Mal...

Oh, I've been beating this drum for a couple of years now. Some have come over to the good side. I grew up on the 70 Reds and just find it a shame the demise that has befallen "My Team". And I can't understand the fans that think it ok. Is it all Adam Dunn?? No he's really a small part at to 8 straight losing seasons. The positive is that most of the other "reasons" are now gone. The last two soon to follow:thumb:

And last week they were in last with him. They are much closer to last than 1st so you might want to reserve the tongue wagging

Who said anything about 1st? That wasn't the question asked by HC, but then again I've come to the conclusion you just like to argue with me. :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

They are in 4th, and they would be in last without him. :p

Just checking. :lol:

And the difference in being in 4th and in last is a whopping 2 games so Dunn is essentially worth 2 games in the standings for.......how many million is it again? I'm not against Dunn being on the team and I'm not against resigning him. However, he is not suited to hit 3rd, 4th or really even 5th for a winning team as long as he hits this career average of .222 with runners in scoring position. He needs to be a contributor to the offense and not a focal point of it if the Reds are going to succeed.

And the difference in being in 4th and in last is a whopping 2 games so Dunn is essentially worth 2 games in the standings for.......how many million is it again? .

You're right because the success of the Reds rest soley on Dunn's shoulders. :rolleyes: