Track The Reds (Week 13)

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thompson (1-0, 0.00 ERA) made his big league debut on Saturday, throwing five innings in a 6-0 win at Yankee Stadium. The 22-year-old right-hander was unable to sleep much of the night before and got lost on the way to the ballpark, ending up in Brooklyn instead of the Bronx.

C.C. Sabathia (5-8, 4.06) is 2-0 with a 1.50 ERA over his last three starts, including a complete-game, 1-0 win over Minnesota on June 10. Sabathia has fared well against the Reds, going 2-0 with a 2.68 ERA in seven career starts.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/preview;_ylt=AkoeqM6hBPfHqbQ1DHhPAxg5nYcB?gid=280627105

I hate Dunn 2, and Jr 3.
Why hate on Dunn in the #2 spot? Dunn is historically the Reds' best on-base guy and he's not the most reliable RBI guy, which hurts him in the 3-5 spots. Why not take advantage of his ability to get on base at the top of the order?

Why hate on Dunn in the #2 spot? Dunn is historically the Reds' best on-base guy and he's not the most reliable RBI guy, which hurts him in the 3-5 spots. Why not take advantage of his ability to get on base at the top of the order?

I don't mind having Dunn at #2, but the poster said that he hates Dunn at #2 and Griffey at #3.

I'd have to agree with that. It's tough having 2 guys in a row who aren't willing to sacrifice their at-bats for the betterment of the team in the top of the order. Especially when they're both struggling at the plate.

Like I said, I don't mind having Dunner in the 2-hole. I'd prefer to have him hitting 6th or 7th so we could have some pop later in the lineup; however, it's going to be rough when the #2 & #3 holes are 1-8 on a daily basis.

C'mon now GT, we've already been told that the relief appearance has nothing to do with that by several on here. :lol::lol:

There's nothing to support the fact that the relief appearance is the reason to blame Harang's struggles on. Just like there is nothing to support that it's not the reason. I have my opinion, you have yours. It's a tired argument that hasn't got anywhere so let it go.

Well, outside of the fact he's been pretty much a pitching machine since it happened...

Its pretty obvious that his problem is lack of control. Either something is wrong with his mechanics or he just doesn't have a good feel for it right now. It may have started with his relief outing, maybe not. He's had one good outing since then against Boston. That day he has his good control and he did just fine. Thats just my opinion.