Track The Reds (Week 13)

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep another disappointing season...I haven't had much fun as a Reds fan since 99...

:irked:

No big suprise. I do get quite a kick out of all of the optimism though. Someone just last week posted that the Reds were "only" 9 games out of the the Wildcard race. Failed to mention how many teams they would have to jump over to get there though. Freakin hysterical:lol:

4 more games and they're at 81, the halfway point. Hard to say it's early now. We will have to switch to our old favorite, "wait till next year", soon if not now. I'd like to hear some opinions as to why the Reds are 35-42 (better than last year). I think a major issue stems from the number 3 or less.

4 more games and they're at 81, the halfway point. Hard to say it's early now. We will have to switch to our old favorite, "wait till next year", soon if not now. I'd like to hear some opinions as to why the Reds are 35-42 (better than last year). I think a major issue stems from the number 3 or less.

Offense has struggled, they have had more than their fair share of injuries, the offense has been too inconsistent.

Bullpen has been much improved, but that #5 spot in the rotation has been up in the air all year. Add to the ups and downs of Arroyo, the bizarre year that Harang has had, it adds up to the record they have now.

HT mentioned it and I'm sure it's been talked about it before, the Reds fix one thing and then something else goes wrong.

Offense has struggled, they have had more than their fair share of injuries, the offense has been too inconsistent.

Bullpen has been much improved, but that #5 spot in the rotation has been up in the air all year. Add to the ups and downs of Arroyo, the bizarre year that Harang has had, it adds up to the record they have now.

HT mentioned it and I'm sure it's been talked about it before, the Reds fix one thing and then something else goes wrong.

I agree the offense and it's inconsistency is a major reason for the Reds failure this season. They have scored 3 or less runs in 38 games (half of their games) this season. They have only won 5 of those 38, putting them at a staggering .130 winning pct. for those games. Now should we expect the pitching to have been better, by holding opposing teams to 2 runs or less in those games, or should expect the offense to score more runs more often?

Phillips, Griffey, Dunn, and Edwin, the nucleus of this team are just not getting it done consistently. These 4 guys together on the same club have not been the answer.

Phillips, Griffey, Dunn, and Edwin, the nucleus of this team are just not getting it done consistently. These 4 guys together on the same club have not been the answer.

They are all consistent. They consistently hit below .270 which makes it hard to string hits together.

While its a good sign for the future is anyone else tired of hearing other clubs players and writers trying to figure out how they are this bad? Every team they get done playing says "they're better than their record", and "they have good players". It's time to start playing like it.