Track the Reds (Week 10)

Aren't you the same guy that insisted that playing Bruce in CF was "outside his comfort zone?"

I'm very happy to see that it hasn't hurt Bruce at the plate. With that said it's not like he's made an impact in CF. Add the fact it was pretty clear early in the season the CF was going to hit in the 1 spot. Hairston changed the dynamic, and the last 6 games were flat out amazing.

My statement that started this debate is that management just might be sending a message. Bailey is going on the road to face a team with amazing lefties in a band box on par with GASP. With his line last time in Philly, you can clearly see the uphill battle he will face...

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't you the same guy that insisted that playing Bruce in CF was "outside his comfort zone?"

I'm not convinced Bailey is wired for success, either, but at the moment he might be the Reds' best option to fill the #5 spot in the rotation.

Heck, the Reds could bring backe Dave Burba and he would be their best fifth man option.:lol:

I'm very happy to see that it hasn't hurt Bruce at the plate. With that said it's not like he's made an impact in CF. Add the fact it was pretty clear early in the season the CF was going to hit in the 1 spot. Hairston changed the dynamic, and the last 6 games were flat out amazing.

My statement that started this debate is that management just might be sending a message. Bailey is going on the road to face a team with amazing lefties in a band box on par with GASP. With his line last time in Philly, you can clearly see the uphill battle he will face...

While I hope he does great Thursday, that is a great lineup with a lot of lefties. He will have better matchups as the season goes on.

While I hope he does great Thursday, that is a great lineup with a lot of lefties. He will have better matchups as the season goes on.

Hey, you can't back down. If you're going to use lame Chuck Norris jokes in regard to Mr. Bailey you can't make any excuses if he doesn't blow the league away. You're the one that hitched your horse to this wagon.

Hey, you can't back down. If you're going to use lame Chuck Norris jokes in regard to Mr. Bailey you can't make any excuses if he doesn't blow the league away. You're the one that hitched your horse to this wagon.

:laugh: You got me there.

When God said "Let there be light", he was foolishly thinking it would help

him hit a Homer Bailey fastball.

Why bring Bailey up right now when Maloney has better numbers and is a lefty?

I hate that their bringing up Bailey right now...

One thing this team has right now is great chemistry. The young guys in Cueto, Votto, Volquez, and Bruce bring positivity and are producing much more than he did.

He'll bring his primadona attitude and get rocked, but I hope he doesn't hurt the chemistry when he's up.

One thing this team has right now is great chemistry. The young guys in Cueto, Votto, Volquez, and Bruce bring positivity and are producing much more than he did.

He'll bring his primadona attitude and get rocked, but I hope he doesn't hurt the chemistry when he's up.

Or he will be shut out and seen that his primadonna attitude will not be accepted and he will change accordingly.

I hope he goes out and throws a no-hitter. That said, I don't see that in the near future. No Reds fan that I know, is wanting Baily to fail. The harsh reality with his lack of success is, he has been to stubborn. He has to realize that there is so much more to learn, if he wants to be sucessful in the majors, instead of thinking he already knows it all.

Bailey's line on Sunday.

IP.... 2 2/3 H....3 ER....2 BB....2 K....1

By the way, they have some Patterson kid who is playing CF and went 3-5. He's now hitting .462 at Louisville. They've got to get that kid up here. :D

Josh Roenicke in his first game since being promoted to Louisville pitched one perfect inning with 2 strikeouts.

Wow, they had a solid homestand, no more, no less. I think I'd wait awhile before I declared that they have "great chemistry". We will see how the test tubes look 8 days from now.

Kendrick (4-2, 4.84 ERA) is 3-0 with a 4.98 ERA in his last eight starts, with seven of them resulting in wins.

Kendrick is 2-0 in two career starts against Cincinnati, despite a 6.55 ERA. He beat the Reds on April 4, allowing four runs over five innings in an 8-4 win, as the teams went on to split a four-game set.

Bronson Arroyo (4-4, 5.29) dropped the finale of that series, getting tagged for five runs and nine hits, including four homers, in 5 2-3 innings of a 5-3 loss on April 7. That came during his disappointing start to the season when he went 2-4 with a 6.02 ERA in his first 10 starts.

Arroyo has since rebounded, going 2-0 with a 2.19 ERA in his last two outings.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/preview?gid=280602122