Track the Reds (Week 10)

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the Jr hatred that has been out there, found it very interesting that with Bobby Cox not wanting to let the game get out of hand, he preferred to pitch to Brandon Phillips than to pitch to Jr.

Which is why I have no problem with Griffey hitting in the 3-hole. Teams, especially during the chase for 600, have been pitching around Griffey. I've seen him get intentionally walked more in the past 3 weeks than I have in a long time. That's great - let Brandon Phillips knock him in!

I'm very happy to see that it hasn't hurt Bruce at the plate. With that said it's not like he's made an impact in CF. Add the fact it was pretty clear early in the season the CF was going to hit in the 1 spot. Hairston changed the dynamic, and the last 6 games were flat out amazing.

There was no rule that the CF has to hit in the leadoff slot ... Keppinger would have been a good choice.

Another Dustyism, I suppose ...

While we kill time before the game tonight, check out this list of players taken BEFORE Bruce Almighty. Hindsight is always 20/20, but a fun list to look at.

If memory serves weren't there some negative comments on here about the GM when the Reds took an outfielder in the first round of the draft?

If memory serves weren't there some negative comments on here about the GM when the Reds took an outfielder in the first round of the draft?

You consider that going into that draft the Reds had Kearns, Dunn, Griffey in the outfield. They also had Freel, Willy Mo Pena and the great Chris Denorfia.

Granted, you draft 2, 3 or 4 years in advance with these things, but I wouldn't be surprised if people were upset considering the other pressing needs at the time. It is fun to look at the Reds pitchers in 2005. :lol:

untitled.JPG

There was no rule that the CF has to hit in the leadoff slot ... Keppinger would have been a good choice.

Another Dustyism, I suppose ...

Dusty openly said about half way through the spring that based on what he had seen at that point the CF was going to be needed to hit #1. Do we really need to rehash the Keppy at leadoff argument???

Sandwiched around a typical roadtrip. Like I said, we'll see in 8 days. I hope we are all lathering over their chemistry then.

Have you watched the Reds this past week with Bruce up? They look like an inspired team, being competitive and having fun, IMO.

A lot of that has to do with the young guys they brought up.

Dusty openly said about half way through the spring that based on what he had seen at that point the CF was going to be needed to hit #1. Do we really need to rehash the Keppy at leadoff argument???
Like I said, another Dustyism ...

Do we really need to rehash the Keppy at leadoff argument???
Well, I think we can all agree that Keppinger was better than the one Dusty chose ...

Have you watched the Reds this past week with Bruce up? They look like an inspired team, being competitive and having fun, IMO.

A lot of that has to do with the young guys they brought up.

It's easy to look inspired and like you're having fun when you are winning.

Bruce will cool off, as will the Reds ...

It's easy to look inspired and like you're having fun when you are winning.

Bruce will cool off, as will the Reds ...

Really? You mean Bruce won't continue to hit over .500? Gee, thanks for that great baseball insight. :lol::lol: