Track the Reds (Week 10)

So....no other pitcher has ever had a bad start? Especially a rookie! The thing is...why not let him take his lumps as the 5th starter? As I said before he couldn't do anyworse than the 5th guys so far. Is it part of your job to be biased against Homer?

I'm not biased against anything. Maybe you need a mirror...

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not biased against anything. Maybe you need a mirror...

I thought the media was suppose to be impartial, but you sure do have some strong opinions about Homer.

As long as he pitches better than Fogg every five days, his personality is secondary. As for his status as a prospect, he has the upside and stuff to be a #2 or #3 starter in the future. Just rememberthis when he inevitably struggles; the magic number for young pitchers is 24, look at Voltron, struggled before now he is a little older and pitching great. A large number of youngsters break out at 24 or 25 years old. Take Edwin Jackson, whom the Dodgers had given up on before his 23rd birthday. He's 24 now, and having a breakout year. Look up Zack Greinke. He's 25 and in the midst of a breakout season.

I thought the media was suppose to be impartial, but you sure do have some strong opinions about Homer.

Only because I have some strong first and second hand facts on what he needs to do to improve.

I don't cover the Reds for a living, and have very rarely freelanced doing so. So not sure where you are going with the media thing. As it stands I'm a Reds fan with great sources of information.

You, on the other hand, are so blindly loyal to Bailey you refuse to accept the very real flaws he needs to overcome. Instead we get cheesy Chuck Norris rip offs and blasts on anyone that dare question your "hero".

I want him to be great, and I agree he's likely 2-3 years away at best...

Call me when he develops a change like Volquez until then thats a silly comparison. Volquez didn't have the I'm the king of the world attitude also, I am sure he was willing to learn.

To be fair, he did at 21 and grew out of it...

You, on the other hand, are so blindly loyal to Bailey you refuse to accept the very real flaws he needs to overcome. Instead we get cheesy Chuck Norris rip offs and blasts on anyone that dare question your "hero".

Aren't you the same guy that insisted that playing Bruce in CF was "outside his comfort zone?"

I'm not convinced Bailey is wired for success, either, but at the moment he might be the Reds' best option to fill the #5 spot in the rotation.

Only because I have some strong first and second hand facts on what he needs to do to improve.

I don't cover the Reds for a living, and have very rarely freelanced doing so. So not sure where you are going with the media thing. As it stands I'm a Reds fan with great sources of information.

Good one. I know he is not perfect and does have some flaws, however, I do believe he will be a good 5th stater on this years team and thats all I have ever really said.

Aren't you the same guy that insisted that playing Bruce in CF was "outside his comfort zone?"

I'm not convinced Bailey is wired for success, either, but at the moment he might be the Reds' best option to fill the #5 spot in the rotation.

Exactly! I knew Fogg wouldn't get it done, but kinda thought Belisle would. Sense he did not, Homer is the best option. :ylsuper:

After reading for a while, I'll post my opinion on the subject. I don't think Homer is ready yet, but I also don't think he is getting anything out of the minors. His attitude needs a makeover and hopefully that'll happen after he takes some lumps in the Majors. If he can develop his control, I think he should be a solid pitcher for the Reds. There shouldn't be any pressure on him to be the number 1 anymore and I can only hope Volquez and Cueto will provide some sort of competition for Bailey to improve. If he can develop, the Reds have a bright future.