Article on Euton Transfer

I thought it was a very arrogant thing to do in talking to the paper that way. I do not care either way because once he is playing for Scott Co. he will be up against some of the best. He showed he struggles to play inside example being with little Elliott Co. He is going to find out what it really means to be shut down while trying to play the post.:lol:

You never know Coach Hicks seems to have done some good with Phares!:thumb:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be nervous if I was Euton. Coach Hicks and the Cardinals are noted for developing great guards not big men. Coach Hicks has always struggled to utilize his big men in his wide open style of play. I think that the Euton's and Jackson's might want to think twice about this move.

Coach Hicks loves the guards, but he does have a pretty good track record with the bigs too:

Jared Carter went from 2 points per game his junior year to a full scholarship at UK (yes I know he hasn't done much there, but he did develop from his junior to senior year in high school!)

Richie Phares - legit Mr. Basketball candidate next year.

Jordan Lee - getting looks from NKU and others

Euton will flourish under Coach Hicks. Hicks won't put him on the block and leave him there. He'll be 6'8 and have guard and post skills.

Someone also said that Jackson's mother was on injury leave from Toyota or something. I suppose that would tie them to Scott Co. if she were to come back from that. I believe the Jacksons are originally from Lexington.

I think daddy Euton is being a little too outspoken and specific at this point in time. He has talked to Demling and Fields already and been very specific about it also being a basketball move. I dont think it will have an effect on his eligibility, but it projects the wrong way and will lead to a lot of the talk that we are already experiencing.

How did Jackson "show up" at Rose Hill then if he was originally from Lexington? I thought Jackson has been enrolled at RH for a long time (since elementary school)?:confused:

Nobody is disputing that.

The only "fault" would be that if each potential superstar in the state would make a move for athletic advantage it would create (or already has created) super-powers. The rich would get rich and the poor would get poorer. The scales would begin to tip inordinately towards the super-powers.

The idea of the one-class basketball system that we enjoy in this state is predicated upon homegrown kids growing up and playing for the local high school in hopes of winning the state championship some day - not transferring to teams that show the most potential for winning a state championship, already in progress.

If such is/or becomes the case, we are now heading (or are well on the way) towards a statewide "open basketball enrollment" system.

I agree with with UncleJed, that this a legitimate move.

If people start buying houses for moving their child into a particular district then that's a pretty good verification that they want to go to school there. I mean it is not like baseball cards, we're talking about hundred thousand dollar decisions. If I wanted my kid to learn math & science, then I would send them to Dunbar, go figure.

Perhaps we can start BGN. (Blue Grass Nerds) Just to monitor the progress of those students that have scholastic interests only. I wonder if we'd be as up in arms if Johnny went to Dunbar because of their stellar math program and he was interested in aeronautics? Do you think that we'd have some techies on here giving grief if Johnny moved from Paintsville (for instance) because his dad lost his job as a mining engineer? So they moved to the Lex. area because there was a terrific job in his dad's field and that Dunbar provided the math education that would best suit his son's future interests/plans. Who would commit such a travesty? Some on here would argue that the dad should suck it up and hire on at McDonald's there in Paintsville because we all know that they are hiring. That boy owes it to the community and school to stay. The nerve of them moving!

Of course that would lead to the KHSNA (KY H.S.Nerd Assn.) being developed to limit boundary/enrollment/transfer/governance of such issues.

Wow, that was fun!:p

Perhaps we can start BGN. (Blue Grass Nerds) Just to monitor the progress of those students that have scholastic interests only. I wonder if we'd be as up in arms if Johnny went to Dunbar because of their stellar math program and he was interested in aeronautics? Do you think that we'd have some techies on here giving grief if Johnny moved from Paintsville (for instance) because his dad lost his job as a mining engineer? So they moved to the Lex. area because there was a terrific job in his dad's field and that Dunbar provided the math education that would best suit his son's future interests/plans. Who would commit such a travesty? Some on here would argue that the dad should suck it up and hire on at McDonald's there in Paintsville because we all know that they are hiring. That boy owes it to the community and school to stay. The nerve of them moving!

Of course that would lead to the KHSNA (KY H.S.Nerd Assn.) being developed to limit boundary/enrollment/transfer/governance of such issues.

Wow, that was fun!:p

Great post and I agree 100%.

Great article!! Loved the way Mr. Euton spoke so extensively about his great new job opportunity in this "non-basketball" related move???? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I agree, I think the DAd is going to be pushing the son out of the way during after game interviews next year when they walk off Rupp Arena's floor with the crown.

You know, I’ve been trying to ignore the pointed and blatantly uninformed statements being made in regard to the Euton family on this board, but this evening I came across the following quote by Martin Luther King Jr. :

“In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”

I cannot stand by silently while my friends are skewered mercilessly by people who don’t know them at all, or are just looking to take cheap shots.

I have watched Clay Euton struggle with the loss of his job of 20 years, the need to relocate to retain any semblance of his position and benefits, the reality and disappointment of leaving the school and program his son has attended and Clay has helped build since Dakotah was in 4th grade, the need to move away from grandparents and other family in their hometown. Clay and Pam Euton have invested thousands of hours of their time, energy and passion to build and improve the Rose Hill school and athletic program over the past seven years. No one believed more in the Hill’s future and the future of the kids at the Hill than Clay and Pam Euton. I know for a fact the hurt and sorrow this decision has caused him. Anyone who states otherwise doesn’t have a clue what they’re talking about.

As far as anyone suggesting that Mr. Euton is looking to gain personal publicity or exposure from this is way off base. He hates being in the spotlight himself, but he loves his son enough to do something he finds unpleasant to protect his teenage son.

I have sincerely prayed with Clay for an answer to his family’s dilemma, and genuinely believe that God opened this door for a very fine family… regardless of what all the experts and skeptics say to the contrary.

You know, I’ve been trying to ignore the pointed and blatantly uninformed statements being made in regard to the Euton family on this board, but this evening I came across the following quote by Martin Luther King Jr. :

“In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”

I cannot stand by silently while my friends are skewered mercilessly by people who don’t know them at all, or are just looking to take cheap shots.

I have watched Clay Euton struggle with the loss of his job of 20 years, the need to relocate to retain any semblance of his position and benefits, the reality and disappointment of leaving the school and program his son has attended and Clay has helped build since Dakotah was in 4th grade, the need to move away from grandparents and other family in their hometown. Clay and Pam Euton have invested thousands of hours of their time, energy and passion to build and improve the Rose Hill school and athletic program over the past seven years. No one believed more in the Hill’s future and the future of the kids at the Hill than Clay and Pam Euton. I know for a fact the hurt and sorrow this decision has caused him. Anyone who states otherwise doesn’t have a clue what they’re talking about.

As far as anyone suggesting that Mr. Euton is looking to gain personal publicity or exposure from this is way off base. He hates being in the spotlight himself, but he loves his son enough to do something he finds unpleasant to protect his teenage son.

I have sincerely prayed with Clay for an answer to his family’s dilemma, and genuinely believe that God opened this door for a very fine family… regardless of what all the experts and skeptics say to the contrary.

That is the best description that I have heard in a long time. :thumb:

How did Jackson "show up" at Rose Hill then if he was originally from Lexington? I thought Jackson has been enrolled at RH for a long time (since elementary school)?:confused:

Don't know the story but have heard from several folks that Jackson's family is originally from Lexington.

Because it is against KHSAA rules to transfer for athletic reasons. Whether you like the rules or not sometimes the KHSAA plays hardball and sometimes they choose not to. It could be a gamble to say those things in the paper.

I know the KHSAA rules. And know about their rulings on transfers.

That has nothing to do with being honest, or in the case of Scott County transfers, trying to hide the truth.

I applaud the guy for his honesty.