Article on Euton Transfer

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a hard time seeing the Euton comparison to Hundley. He's not the ballhandler or open-court player that Hundley was. On the other hand, he does have more size than Hundley and may be a better outside shooter than Hundley was at this stage of their careers.

I'm not saying they are the same type of player, but neither are simply low post players. They both will do a lot out on the floor.

Someone also said that Jackson's mother was on injury leave from Toyota or something. I suppose that would tie them to Scott Co. if she were to come back from that. I believe the Jacksons are originally from Lexington.

I think daddy Euton is being a little too outspoken and specific at this point in time. He has talked to Demling and Fields already and been very specific about it also being a basketball move. I dont think it will have an effect on his eligibility, but it projects the wrong way and will lead to a lot of the talk that we are already experiencing.

It is a basketball move. Why try to hide it?

What does it project the wrong way? It projects the truth.

[/b]

It is a basketball move. Why try to hide it?

What does it project the wrong way? It projects the truth.

Because it is against KHSAA rules to transfer for athletic reasons. Whether you like the rules or not sometimes the KHSAA plays hardball and sometimes they choose not to. It could be a gamble to say those things in the paper.

To me it seems that it is a legitimate reason for transferring. Dad lost his job, so they gotta move somewhere. I would have expected them to pick a school like Catholic or Scott. I don't see how the KHSAA can rule him ineligible.

Hope the move improves his game. Of course, this is a nightmare scenario for the other 11th region schools.

I agree with this especially if Jackson follows. But this is nothing new in the 11th region. Jockeying for players in the 11th dates back to the 50's. I'm told this by a person that transfered from Latin High (now Lex Cath) to Lafayette. It has always gone on in the 11th. Look at the team Jock Sutherland had at Lafayette in 78-79. He had the best talent in town as well as transfer Junior Johnson from Scott Co.

Point being, all you can do in the 11th is focus on what you can control. You have to dig deep and give an absolute maximum effort. Maybe the stars line up and you get an impact transfer. The stars are aligned perfectly in Scott Co. right now.

Fact of the matter is, in most years the 11th has 6 to 8 teams that would be contenders in most of the other regions in the state.

The move is legitimate. The choice of schools was made for the basketball program. How can anyone fault the guy for making a good decision?
Nobody is disputing that.

The only "fault" would be that if each potential superstar in the state would make a move for athletic advantage it would create (or already has created) super-powers. The rich would get rich and the poor would get poorer. The scales would begin to tip inordinately towards the super-powers.

The idea of the one-class basketball system that we enjoy in this state is predicated upon homegrown kids growing up and playing for the local high school in hopes of winning the state championship some day - not transferring to teams that show the most potential for winning a state championship, already in progress.

If such is/or becomes the case, we are now heading (or are well on the way) towards a statewide "open basketball enrollment" system.

First of all let me say that I support Dakotah and Clay and their decision. I think if this is what is best for him and his family then I am behind you a 100 %.

Now to the article. This is the second article I have saw about him moving and to start opening talk about the better basketball situation could come into question when his transfer comes up for review by the KHSAA. If anyone wanted to buck it, they could use the article to try and substantiate the claim that the move to SCOTT CO. was for athletic reasons, not for a job in Lexington. I don't have a dog in this fight but I can see where it could be used against them. According to the bylaws he will have a legit change of address, and I say he is cleared but just found it odd to speak out so soon. I will say though that Clay is not afraid to express himself and I like that.

As far as the dog in the fight I do have about the article. The way some of the wording in the quotes reads to ME, it sounds like a slap at the exsisting members of the Rose Hill players, and coaches as if they are a bunch of chumps and Dakotah is far more superior than them and needs to play with better competition. I agree that the 11th is better than the 16th but a lot of these kids have been Dakotah friends for a long time and they do read the news paper and the article could leave a bad taste in their mouth about some of the comments form the paper:

"He might contribute 14 points a game instead of 20 or 25, but he'll have a chance to play on a team that could win a state title." (I guess he disn't feel that RH could have a chance the next 2 years with all they would have returned).

Clay Euton said Dakotah is looking forward to playing better competition at Scott County, being challenged more in practice, having a shot at winning a state title, and living closer to UK.( He was a coach, if they were not being challanged in practice then it is the coaches fault not the players)

"Going against better players in practice day in and day out can only help, too," Clay Euton said. ( I agree totally but the players there are not bad and the 16th has some good players that went up against him all year, some he dominated, but I woudl say that it will be a better situation for him everyday.)

I am not in any way trying to be negative about this, I think that Clay, Pam and Dakotah are great people who i have known for years, just wanted to say that the boys at Rose Hill are good ball players and they have made Dakotah just as good as he has made them. As far as Jackson leaving, I hopr he doesn't but I woudl watch when talking to the paper, about speaking out of turn.

First of all let me say that I support Dakotah and Clay and their decision. I think if this is what is best for him and his family then I am behind you a 100 %.

Now to the article. This is the second article I have saw about him moving and to start opening talk about the better basketball situation could come into question when his transfer comes up for review by the KHSAA. If anyone wanted to buck it, they could use the article to try and substantiate the claim that the move to SCOTT CO. was for athletic reasons, not for a job in Lexington. I don't have a dog in this fight but I can see where it could be used against them. According to the bylaws he will have a legit change of address, and I say he is cleared but just found it odd to speak out so soon. I will say though that Clay is not afraid to express himself and I like that.

As far as the dog in the fight I do have about the article. The way some of the wording in the quotes reads to ME, it sounds like a slap at the exsisting members of the Rose Hill players, and coaches as if they are a bunch of chumps and Dakotah is far more superior than them and needs to play with better competition. I agree that the 11th is better than the 16th but a lot of these kids have been Dakotah friends for a long time and they do read the news paper and the article could leave a bad taste in their mouth about some of the comments form the paper:

"He might contribute 14 points a game instead of 20 or 25, but he'll have a chance to play on a team that could win a state title." (I guess he disn't feel that RH could have a chance the next 2 years with all they would have returned).

Clay Euton said Dakotah is looking forward to playing better competition at Scott County, being challenged more in practice, having a shot at winning a state title, and living closer to UK.( He was a coach, if they were not being challanged in practice then it is the coaches fault not the players)

"Going against better players in practice day in and day out can only help, too," Clay Euton said. ( I agree totally but the players there are not bad and the 16th has some good players that went up against him all year, some he dominated, but I woudl say that it will be a better situation for him everyday.)

I am not in any way trying to be negative about this, I think that Clay, Pam and Dakotah are great people who i have known for years, just wanted to say that the boys at Rose Hill are good ball players and they have made Dakotah just as good as he has made them. As far as Jackson leaving, I hopr he doesn't but I woudl watch when talking to the paper, about speaking out of turn.

I'd tend to agree I've know Clay and Dakotah as well for many years now and I'm afraid that Clay has spent too much time talking to the media. Sometimes a person can say too much and this could be the case. I can see where all of these statements Clay has made could be seen as a slap in the face of the Rose Hill Program, its players, and especially its coaches. I wish everyone luck in this situation and I hope that everything works out, especially for the kids at Rose Hill who have worked hard the last few years.

Nobody is disputing that.

The only "fault" would be that if each potential superstar in the state would make a move for athletic advantage it would create (or already has created) super-powers. The rich would get rich and the poor would get poorer. The scales would begin to tip inordinately towards the super-powers.

The idea of the one-class basketball system that we enjoy in this state is predicated upon homegrown kids growing up and playing for the local high school in hopes of winning the state championship some day - not transferring to teams that show the most potential for winning a state championship, already in progress.

If such is/or becomes the case, we are now heading (or are well on the way) towards a statewide "open basketball enrollment" system.

So who can decide where a family moves now. The KHSAA, the region where he moved from, the region he moved to, or maybe the posters on BGP.

I'd tend to agree I've know Clay and Dakotah as well for many years now and I'm afraid that Clay has spent too much time talking to the media. Sometimes a person can say too much and this could be the case. I can see where all of these statements Clay has made could be seen as a slap in the face of the Rose Hill Program, its players, and especially its coaches. I wish everyone luck in this situation and I hope that everything works out, especially for the kids at Rose Hill who have worked hard the last few years.

I thought it was a very arrogant thing to do in talking to the paper that way. I do not care either way because once he is playing for Scott Co. he will be up against some of the best. He showed he struggles to play inside example being with little Elliott Co. He is going to find out what it really means to be shut down while trying to play the post.:lol: