Article on Euton Transfer

I know the KHSAA rules. And know about their rulings on transfers.

That has nothing to do with being honest, or in the case of Scott County transfers, trying to hide the truth.

I applaud the guy for his honesty.

Give us one time that SCOTT COUNTY has tried to hide the truth, mind you not rumors just facts.:argue:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a lot of people have changed schools and hid the details of the move, but this move is so out in the open anyone can follow the progress of it.

If you have to replace a car or house - you always try to get everything you want - not just duplicate what you had - therefore in looking for a job it looks like Mr. Euton factored in all the needs of the family.

In response to a previous thread on the only way single class basketball can survive is by expecting kids to play where they grow up - most students and families aren't going to be able to make moves like this or won't be high profile enough to draw attention to the move.

I do believe students change schools just to play a sport, therefore the school administrations, communities and KHSAA need to be diligent in their watch of these moves or some programs could become revolving doors for athletes.

There are already programs that are revolving doors for athletics! Try Catholic, LCA, Rose Hill, Scott County, UHA, just to name a few. I am sure there are more but these seem to get the most press and the least scrutiny from the KHSAA (ss) as I like to call them. Hypocrisy abounds!!!!!! Take the kids but don't touch our money!

There are already programs that are revolving doors for athletics! Try Catholic, LCA, Rose Hill, Scott County, UHA, just to name a few. I am sure there are more but these seem to get the most press and the least scrutiny from the KHSAA (ss) as I like to call them. Hypocrisy abounds!!!!!! Take the kids but don't touch our money!

Hazard has had a nice Sweet 16 run with 2 players who played for Bell Co. last year. It happens all over.

KHSAA bylaws state "3) If the change in schools is motivated in whole or part by a desire to participate in athletics at the new school." This is one of the conditions by which the period of uneligibility will not be waived.

Established Division I prospects and future Mr. Basketballs transferring in doesn't "happen all over" ...

Euton has not won Mr. Basketball yet. Hes still far from it. There are transfers all over that help basketball teams. At the big programs its more publicized and usually bigger names.

Give us one time that SCOTT COUNTY has tried to hide the truth, mind you not rumors just facts.:argue:

Just for giggles, sure that's too easy. Look at post number 8 in this thread.

That post basically says the dad is saying too much, and we're already hearing too much. I guess Hicks heard a little of if today as well.

Euton has not won Mr. Basketball yet. Hes still far from it. There are transfers all over that help basketball teams. At the big programs its more publicized and usually bigger names.
I was referring to Rick Jones and Scott Hundley ... if Euton pulls it off, he would give Scott their third Mr. Basketball who started his varsity career at another school.

That would be quite the trifecta ...

KHSAA bylaws state "3) If the change in schools is motivated in whole or part by a desire to participate in athletics at the new school." This is one of the conditions by which the period of uneligibility will not be waived.

That very statement is subject to KHSAA's own interpretation and how it may affect them as an organization! HYPOCRISY!

I'm baffled at the attitude of some who insist that something is wrong here.

A dad loses his job of 20 years. He attempts to secure something where his family lives and can’t. He get’s a good offer in Lexington. He leaves a program he’d helped build. He chooses to buy a home in a good school district

If parents of a science whiz can enroll their child in a school with an outstanding science program without the need for a change of address and the parents of a musical whiz can do the same for their child without a change of address… but the parents of an athlete cannot enroll their child in the school of their choice after the loss of the primary job in their household and the expense of a change of address to an entirely different zip code, then something is severely wrong with how we do things in this state.

I agree 100% that KHSAA bylaws should strictly enforce rules against recruiting by schools/coaches, but if parents under the circumstances outlined above do not have the freedom to choose the best opportunity for their child, (whether it be for athletic, academic, or other valid reasons) we’re not living in the America I was raised to believe in, and we need a new system.

I would think at the very least, most of you would be happy the kid is transferring to a public school instead of to another private school in the region... :lol:

I'm baffled at the attitude of some who insist that something is wrong here.

A dad loses his job of 20 years. He attempts to secure something where his family lives and can’t. He get’s a good offer in Lexington. He leaves a program he’d helped build. He chooses to buy a home in a good school district

If parents of a science whiz can enroll their child in a school with an outstanding science program without the need for a change of address and the parents of a musical whiz can do the same for their child without a change of address… but the parents of an athlete cannot enroll their child in the school of their choice after the loss of the primary job in their household and the expense of a change of address to an entirely different zip code, then something is severely wrong with how we do things in this state.

I agree 100% that KHSAA bylaws should strictly enforce rules against recruiting by schools/coaches, but if parents under the circumstances outlined above do not have the freedom to choose the best opportunity for their child, (whether it be for athletic, academic, or other valid reasons) we’re not living in the America I was raised to believe in, and we need a new system.

I would think at the very least, most of you would be happy the kid is transferring to a public school instead of to another private school in the region... :lol:

:thumb: