Article on Euton Transfer

First off talent doesn't come in every year and teams other than Scott Co. also end up with very good teams.
Hmmm ... last year, when Scott County won the state title, it was because of coaching. This year, when they got bombed in the regional semifinals, it was because of the talent.

UHA has a revolving door of players going in and out of the program.
As far as I know, UHA has had very few transfers in and out in recent years. All of their key players have been guys that have been there for four years.

Paducah Tilghman was loaded with talent, but lacked coaching. They go blew out. Go figure.
I'm not sure what "go blew out" means, but anyway ...

Gee, one bad game and suddenly the coach stinks. You probably weren't saying that after they romped over Greenwood.

In any case, you're entitled to your opinion.

You Scott County guys have a problem with Tilghman or something? This is two years in a row that a poster or two there has had a crack or two about Tilghman's coach.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Guyn's family moved their residence to Scott County so he could play there. However, his dad still has the same job in Lexington that he has had for years. (So now he drives back and forth to Lexington every day.) I mean everyone is aware he tried to get into Oak Hill, but they wouldn't give him a full scholarship. So they ended up at Scott County.

The Guyn situation is different that Euton. I have no issue with Euton. But if Jackson goes to Scott County, that doesn't seem like a coincidence?

Yes, Guyn's family moved their residence to Scott County so he could play there. However, his dad still has the same job in Lexington that he has had for years. (So now he drives back and forth to Lexington every day.) I mean everyone is aware he tried to get into Oak Hill, but they wouldn't give him a full scholarship. So they ended up at Scott County.

The Guyn situation is different that Euton. I have no issue with Euton. But if Jackson goes to Scott County, that doesn't seem like a coincidence?

Like I said if Rose Hill does not protest, what can be done? Henry Clay did portest Guyn. The only thing the KHSAA ask was did the whole family move the answer was yes case close. Plus Oak Hill has offered Guyn a full scholarship for this year coming. But Guyn is not going because he loves playing for Coach Hicks.

I have no doubt the KHSAA will let Euton and Jackson play at Scott County. The bottom line is this has nothing to do with the KHSAA rules.

Everyone knows these parents and players are moving schools to improve their basketball careers.

I just hope wherever these kids end up, they get a good high school and college education. Because in the end, most will never make a dollar playing basketball.

That is why all of this seems kind of crazy these days. Parents who spend so much of their time and money living out their lives through their kids. Uprooting and moving your home to further you kids sports career or visibility. So many of us, put our kids on pedestals of one kind or another (Sports, Academics). The fans are telling these superstars they are "the greatest" from the time they are 7 or 8. They end up believing all the hype. They never have to make friends because they have hords of "instant friends" just because of how fast they can run the forty or how many points they can score in basketball. Many turn out great (Darius Miller for example seems like one of the nicest young sports stars I have been around). But then we have the bad examples, of which the list is too long to name.

I think parents just need to spend time with their kids and teach them right/wrong, and all about life. We all need to just enjoy the journey. If your happiness rises and falls with each shot your kid takes, whether they win the state tournament, or what college they can get a scholarship from, you will be disappointed a lot. There was an Biography of Steve Jobs of Apple a few years ago. It was titled "The Journey is the Reward". That has stuck with me for many years. It is a good philosophy and a personal check when your priorities are maybe getting out of whack.

Sorry for the life philosophy rant......

I agree but answer this who is going to protest? Please tell me will it be Henry Clay again? No! Rose Hill? No! Then Who? Is the KHSAA going to not follow the rules on the books. They have too or risk being sued! This is going to happen, so live with it and move on!

goldenrule19, are you talking to me?

I have never said anything about anybody protesting. What are you talking about? Why do you keep bringing up Henry Clay? Why would they protest anything about Euton or Jackson?

(Don't worry, your Scott County team will be pre-season #1 next year.)

All I said, is there are more important things than basketball. Our kids health, education, good citizenship and upbringing should be our priorities. When I played high school basketball, my coach said it was about #5 on life's priority list, and I think even that may have been too high.

You all have a great night. Been a fun season of basketball.....

I have no doubt the KHSAA will let Euton and Jackson play at Scott County. The bottom line is this has nothing to do with the KHSAA rules.

Everyone knows these parents and players are moving schools to improve their basketball careers.

I just hope wherever these kids end up, they get a good high school and college education. Because in the end, most will never make a dollar playing basketball.

That is why all of this seems kind of crazy these days. Parents who spend so much of their time and money living out their lives through their kids. Uprooting and moving your home to further you kids sports career or visibility. So many of us, put our kids on pedestals of one kind or another (Sports, Academics). The fans are telling these superstars they are "the greatest" from the time they are 7 or 8. They end up believing all the hype. They never have to make friends because they have hords of "instant friends" just because of how fast they can run the forty or how many points they can score in basketball. Many turn out great (Darius Miller for example seems like one of the nicest young sports stars I have been around). But then we have the bad examples, of which the list is too long to name.

I think parents just need to spend time with their kids and teach them right/wrong, and all about life. We all need to just enjoy the journey. If your happiness rises and falls with each shot your kid takes, whether they win the state tournament, or what college they can get a scholarship from, you will be disappointed a lot. There was an Biography of Steve Jobs of Apple a few years ago. It was titled "The Journey is the Reward". That has stuck with me for many years. It is a good philosophy and a personal check when your priorities are maybe getting out of whack.

Sorry for the life philosophy rant......

Incredible post! I get it. Not sure how many others will though.

goldenrule19, are you talking to me?

I have never said anything about anybody protesting. What are you talking about? Why do you keep bringing up Henry Clay? Why would they protest anything about Euton or Jackson?

(Don't worry, your Scott County team will be pre-season #1 next year.)

All I said, is there are more important things than basketball. Our kids health, education, good citizenship and upbringing should be our priorities. When I played high school basketball, my coach said it was about #5 on life's priority list, and I think even that may have been too high.

You all have a great night. Been a fun season of basketball.....

I said too your statement that I agreed. All of these young man are very good people. I feel that we do not have all the facts and may not ever have all of them. They will get a good education, they have had good upbringing, now they want to play basketball at a new high school close to UK. Were they both want to go to school and play basketball. What is wrong with that?

I wish them well!

Thanks JPP; glad someone did....

Looking back at goldenrule19's posts from Nov07, I see he is definitely a big Scott County fan. He predicted them to win in every game "prediction thread" this year. Most of them also make a prediction of how many points Gelawn will score, or some other discussion about Guyn. Seems to know a lot about the Guyn transfer situation, and keeps bringing up Henry Clay. It's OK, all of us are fans....

I knew Scott Co. would have a up and down season! You are right I do not like Henry Clay coach! Predicted alot uof things this year about Guyn! Think he is a good player and a great young man! I like Scott Co. and Dunber, have family on both team! Along with Tates Creek! But I have fact on this one! What team do you like or what team do you coach?

goldenrule, what is your issue with Henry Clay's coach? You keep bringing them up.

No, I am not a coach anymore. Used to coach 12-13 year old AAU and church league teams. Love basketball, and working with young kids. Just don't have as much time to coach anymore with my job and other priorities.

I especially like high school and college teams. This is a great area to be in if your like sports. I can tell you have a passion for Scott County. That is fine.

Have a great evening.

Someone also said that Jackson's mother was on injury leave from Toyota or something. I suppose that would tie them to Scott Co. if she were to come back from that. I believe the Jacksons are originally from Lexington.

I think daddy Euton is being a little too outspoken and specific at this point in time. He has talked to Demling and Fields already and been very specific about it also being a basketball move. I dont think it will have an effect on his eligibility, but it projects the wrong way and will lead to a lot of the talk that we are already experiencing.[/quote]

It is a basketball move an he was honest about it. What's wrong with that?

How does this project the wrong way? What's the right way?:banana::D

What talk is that? :sssh: