Everything posted by JPP
-
Schools letting out for the Boys Sweet 16
The ultimate decision, I agree!
-
Schools letting out for the Boys Sweet 16
I will just say that I agree with everything the "oldguy posted in this thread'. I agree with clyde that most of us will teach a little lighter if we have several students gone to the tourney.
-
What regions have the worst records in the Sweet 16?
Thats a no brainer, northern ky is incredible with football success.
-
Schools letting out for the Boys Sweet 16
Under that situation I agree with you totally! If you can afford a day off as your team is playing during the day, I agree also. I keep getting offended by the comments of showing a movie at the end of the year to make up a day by many, what school system are you looking at? I assure you the whole state does not do this. Not picking on an individual poster because I see this every year.
-
Menifee County 45 Rowan County 44
Maybe their warmups will go back to preparing for a basketball game, instead of trying to embarass their opponents. That may be a good start.
-
Menifee County 2010/2011
This would make 8 I believe.
-
Menifee County 2010/2011
Tim Swartz
-
Greenup County job posting........
Im interested in anything you can throw me.:thumb:
-
Greenup County job posting........
It seems to be a reasonable rumor to me. Im not claiming inside info, just that this could be a realistic possibility.
-
Greenup County job posting........
Guys like that or not like that dont seem to last too long in GC.
-
Does Clark County have a weakness?
:thumb: An excellent post IMO! It is not neccesarily a knock on Clark, just inviting discussion on what would someone do to try to knock them off. If anything I would take this as a compliment to Clark.
-
16th Region draw
I would tend to agree but would narrow it to your first five listed. Either way it makes for an exciting region tourney!:thumb:
-
Corbin 58 South Laurel 57
Is the coach at Corbin Danny Wright by any chance?
-
Are we too hard on officials?
:thumb: Excellent post on all aspects. I would love to add to it, but you covered it too well!
-
Let's Discuss: Is Yates HS Going Too Far?
You pose an excellent question. I believe there is a little difference, but neither situation should be strived for during a blowout. The problem with this is what do we consider a blowout? I had a JV official decide he would teach me a lesson pressing up 20 points. I had 15 players dressed, this was the style of game that could get them minutes and it was in the first half when he took over. I havent mentioned that their team was undefeated and playing at home. I held to my guns and we lost with 8 players fouling out, and 7 with 3 or more. He clearly thought I was being unsportsmanlike and was wrong. The only thing he accomplished was confusing my young players on how to attempt to play defense. I have been on both sides of this argument over and over again. Their are too many variables to assign absolute rules. Sometimes the winning coach subs and the other coach presses his JV and embarasses them. By all means put the starters back in and run it up. Just one example that could be chosen from dozens. In the situations described here. IMO, intolerable display of poor sportsmanship from the coach.
-
Elliott County 76 Russell 45
:thumb::thumb::thumb: For some reason it burns through me on a class system argument when someone says the little a teams have their own tournament. If it was classified as such, and it was said the little schools have a chance at the small school tourney, it is a huge difference to me. As odd as this sounds, I have a problem with some of the schools in the tourney, but would have none if it was relabeled as a small school championship.
-
Elliott County
Not everyone recognized them as top 5. Its the handful of sharks that visited virtually every sixteenth region thread that Im referring to. I have no problem with anyone questioning whether or not they could win it all. For the record, none of the sharks Im referring to have posted in this thread.
-
Elliott County
They had one of the best teams in the state last year, though many would not acknowledge the fact. Elitists from NKY and Louisville trashed the team and players all season. Why would Elliott fans open up this years team to the same treatment? I for one commend the Elliott fans for this.:thumb:
-
Princeton 57 Holmes 54 (OT)
Since Princeton is not nationally ranked, we have to assume much like last year that they would not be in the top 20 in Ky. A horrible loss by Holmes. Just being consistent with the bluegrass preps postings.
-
Russell 48 Greenup County 39
If things went down the way you described, that is the way this rivalry is supposed to be played. Intensity all the way!
-
Corbin 65 Bell County 46
Be carefull or youll receive the wrath of Les!
-
Ashland 73 Fleming County 67
I had not heard that score. That does speak volumes for Rowan at this point of the season.
-
Mr. Basketball Favorites?
I would agree that the hands on favorite would come here. I believe politics will come into play less than usual, because none of these will likely sign with UK. If one does it is said and done.
-
Ashland 73 Fleming County 67
Considering what Fleming did to Rowan, an impressive win for Ashland without the adds.
-
Lewis County 2009/2010
There are probably 10 teams in the sixteenth that are capable of cutting down the nets. We all know that Joe will have his team to be in position to do so, if they are one of the 10. Clearly he is, they are dangerous.