Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Princeton 57 Holmes 54 (OT)

Featured Replies

  • Replies 47
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holmes had a chance to tie at the end of the game, but Pittman forced a wild three and it clanged off the backboard. A tremendous televised game.

Ricardo Johnson hits the game-tying three pointer with three seconds remaining in regulation. He tried to free himself up for the last shot in overtime, but couldn't get open.

What is Princeton's ranking in Ohio?

 

This also ends the home-game winning streak for Holmes.

Rico had 25 I heard and Sibert had 19.

Xavier/Butler-esque with 9 seconds that did not tick off from 1:18 which should have been 1:09. Princeton was stuck on 47 for over 5 clock minutes. Thank goodness there is a team that takes some of the free throw heat off of the Colonels. Thank you Vikes. Rico was a stud.

Holmes had a chance to tie at the end of the game, but Pittman forced a wild three and it clanged off the backboard. A tremendous televised game.

Game was great to watch, broadcast was painful. They would be showing the backcourt with no one there and the crowd during play. They missed the end of regulation completely.

Holmes really benefited from the clock issue. Luckily for them Rico came up with the big shot when the game could have been over. Why in the world did they reset the clock to 1:18? I counted at least eight seconds off the clock when Johnson had been fouled. First time I've seen the Dogs this season, and I know the Vikes are a very good team but they really don't have anyone close to Riley as a PG and they don't shoot from outside well. I kept waiting for Pitman to get it going but he never did.

Holmes really benefited from the clock issue. Luckily for them Rico came up with the big shot when the game could have been over. Why in the world did they reset the clock to 1:18? I counted at least eight seconds off the clock when Johnson had been fouled. .

 

I'm in Louisville so I haven't watched the game yet.

 

What happened and how was it resolved?

Game was great to watch, broadcast was painful. They would be showing the backcourt with no one there and the crowd during play. They missed the end of regulation completely.

 

It was said during the broadcast that the student body from Princeton was handling the bulk of the production for the broadcast. The school has a program for kids that want to go into that field. I agree, there were lapses, but overall I thought it was ok considering high school students were working the production.

Holmes was trailing by three (I think) with 1:18 left. They walked the ball up the court, clock never started, Rico scored and was fouled and they ran the clock to 1:15. After about a five minute talk with the Princeton coaches they put 1:18 back on the clock. I don't know what the correct ruling is but I don't see how you could put the clock back to it's original amount if in reality at least eight seconds went by. Rico then scored the game tying three with 3.2 seconds remaining.

Why doesn't Pittman play in the paint more? Also, is it just me but does Holmes not run any type of offense other than, "I am going to try and get my shot, if they double me I might pass it, or I might jack it up anyway." So much talent to struggle so badly at times on offense.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.