2024 Scott County Cardinals

8rhzda.thumb.jpg.591641a832991147fc314b71c98fabc8.jpg

2024 Schedule

Aug 9 vs. Bowling Green (Scrimmage)
Aug 16 at Central (Scrimmage)
Aug 23 vs. Franklin County at Great Crossing (Battle of Elkhorn Creek)
Aug 30 vs. Great Crossing 
Sep 6 vs Walther Christian Academy (IL)
Sep 13 vs Boyle County 
Sep 20 vs. Madison Central
Sep 27 at Collins*
Oct 4 at Anderson County*
Oct 11 vs. South Oldham*
Oct 18 vs. Woodford County*
Oct 25 - BYE 
Nov 1 vs. Lexington Catholic 

*District 

GOCv0L-WgAAIkOl.jpeg.ebabdc9cf1a4481e3c8e193dcfac3ed2.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Does anyone know anything about Walther Christian Academy (IL)?

Never heard of them before today. If MaxPreps is accurate, they've been pretty terrible for the last 15 years or so. Haven't won a game since 2021.

They're located in Melrose Park, about 40 minutes west of Chicago. They're coming an awful long way for what looks like a complete mismatch on paper.

I'd be interested to know how this game came about, if any Card fans are in the know? 

@Quiet_Storm11 @Redheat

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

Never heard of them before today. If MaxPreps is accurate, they've been pretty terrible for the last 15 years or so. Haven't won a game since 2021.

They're located in Melrose Park, about 40 minutes west of Chicago. They're coming an awful long way for what looks like a complete mismatch on paper.

I'd be interested to know how this game came about, if any Card fans are in the know? 

@Quiet_Storm11 @Redheat

That’s the week that Lincoln cancelled on them to play Danville who cancelled on Boyle. They were probably just trying to fill a game late to have a full schedule. 

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, DearToday said:

That’s the week that Lincoln cancelled on them to play Danville who cancelled on Boyle. They were probably just trying to fill a game late to have a full schedule. 

I'd be curious to hear some opinions from coaches on this. In this particular scenario, do you consider having your team just playing a 9 game schedule with 2 bye weeks?

9 hours ago, burreaux said:

I'd be curious to hear some opinions from coaches on this. In this particular scenario, do you consider having your team just playing a 9 game schedule with 2 bye weeks?

I don’t think it hurts Scott Co to play this game. Probably gonna get more RPI wise than they would’ve been with Lincoln since it’ll count as .500. 

I also think it would suck for your seniors to only get a 9 game regular season schedule.