Ramel Bradley

C-A-T-S

I have a hard time expressing why I dislike Raml Bradley. I guess it starts with his Giant EGO (IMO his ego overshadows his abilities). Since he arrived on campus he has had an oversized ego, and it has not gotten any better. I understand that for many athletes to be effective they need confidence in themselves and their abilities, but his brand just seems to rub me the wrong way. His ego leads him to want to take every single shot in the last 5 minutes of the ballgame, the problem is that rather than working himself open to get these shots it seems like he forces the ball up as soon he possibly can so that he will have enough time to shoot the ball again later in the game. The conundrum for me is that there is probably no player on the team more capable of making these type of shots (this is not Ramel's fault, but it fuels my anger toward the state of the program in general).

I cannot question Ramel's effort and desire to win the game, but for me his ego and decision making override his good attributes.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Than who is the logical choice, to play that role on this current team?

I think it changes per game, because there is no consistency. That night Joe Crawford was lighting it up. Like others have said, his hustle and desire isn't questioned but I would also hustle and have a desire like no other if I played for UK, but I'm not getting any PT either. (Stewart)

I think it changes per game, because there is no consistency. That night Joe Crawford was lighting it up. Like others have said, his hustle and desire isn't questioned but I would also hustle and have a desire like no other if I played for UK, but I'm not getting any PT either. (Stewart)
Bradley had to be in that game and play the last 3-4 minutes, as you stated, due to several factors and injuries. You take the good with the bad, when he plays and Crawford can't carry the load every game, nor can Bradley.

We all would agree, that UK is lacking in perimeter scoring and Patterson, was being contained inside. Until some get healthy or others step their game up, Bradley and Crawford will be relied on heavily....which the SEC realize.

I think that Ramel Bradley is like the scapegoat for many fans when UK loses. Automatically many of them will say "Well it's Bradley's fault, he did this." or.. "He didn't do this." I think he is a very nice player, and would be a good player on any other team. He is not a point guard, but he is having to play that position right now and having to adjust to it, and I'm sure it's not easy to do, but c'mon... give the guy a break. He's trying, and he's not as bad as people like to think. 5 20 point games is pretty impressive, and he's now mentioned with Mashburn, being the only other player in UK history to reach this feat.

So in conclusion to this book I wrote, Bradley is better than most people give him credit for. It seems like every shot he takes, people consider it as a "bad" shot, but if he didn't shoot, I guarantee that people would criticize him for that too.

Bradley does play hard and leaves it out on the floor. Did anyone notice that when we were up on Vandy by 15 or 16 Bradley was scoreless?? Bradley knows he has to be our point guard. Point guard's think assist first and score last. Bradley doesn't. In his defense he is the best we have at that position, but if we have any chance of winning the SEC tournament. I do believe thats the only way to make the NCAA. He has to reprogram his thinking. That is the $100,000 question.

I know Bradley is forced into a role that he may not be well suited for but he has to learn to play that role better. He is the starting point guard and doesn't rank in the top 100 for assists. He only averages 3.3 a game. He has to learn that this team runs through him and he can't try to win the game on his own. He has to set up the offense and make everyone around him better. I would rather see UK lose with Bradley only getting 6 points but 10 assists.

He'll never have 10 assists on this team because there isn't enough players on this team that can score.

Some people may not like Bradley (fair or not) because if it wasn't for him UK may have offered Lofton along with the 3 McDonalds AA's.

Ironic that Lofton's college career has exceeded both Bradley's and the 3 McDonald's All-American's isn't it.

I have a hard time expressing why I dislike Raml Bradley. I guess it starts with his Giant EGO (IMO his ego overshadows his abilities). Since he arrived on campus he has had an oversized ego, and it has not gotten any better. I understand that for many athletes to be effective they need confidence in themselves and their abilities, but his brand just seems to rub me the wrong way. His ego leads him to want to take every single shot in the last 5 minutes of the ballgame, the problem is that rather than working himself open to get these shots it seems like he forces the ball up as soon he possibly can so that he will have enough time to shoot the ball again later in the game. The conundrum for me is that there is probably no player on the team more capable of making these type of shots (this is not Ramel's fault, but it fuels my anger toward the state of the program in general).

I cannot question Ramel's effort and desire to win the game, but for me his ego and decision making override his good attributes.

That pretty much sums up my dislike for Bradley, and is very well said, Farva.

Due to the fact that I don't like to waste time discussing Bradley I'll just say that he takes bad shots, makes poor decisions, looks like he is playing a different style of game than everyone else in a blue & white uniform, will not enter the ball into the post, has a big ego, and a bad case of little-man syndrome.

I think that Ramel Bradley is like the scapegoat for many fans when UK loses. Automatically many of them will say "Well it's Bradley's fault, he did this." or.. "He didn't do this." I think he is a very nice player, and would be a good player on any other team. He is not a point guard, but he is having to play that position right now and having to adjust to it, and I'm sure it's not easy to do, but c'mon... give the guy a break. He's trying, and he's not as bad as people like to think. 5 20 point games is pretty impressive, and he's now mentioned with Mashburn, being the only other player in UK history to reach this feat.

So in conclusion to this book I wrote, Bradley is better than most people give him credit for. It seems like every shot he takes, people consider it as a "bad" shot, but if he didn't shoot, I guarantee that people would criticize him for that too.

That is a good point. Jasper got a lot of criticism last year for not shooting.

Ironic that Lofton's college career has exceeded both Bradley's and the 3 McDonald's All-American's isn't it.

That pretty much sums up my dislike for Bradley, and is very well said, Farva.

Due to the fact that I don't like to waste time discussing Bradley I'll just say that he takes bad shots, makes poor decisions, looks like he is playing a different style of game than everyone else in a blue & white uniform, will not enter the ball into the post, has a big ego, and a bad case of little-man syndrome.

Thats funny because one of the McDonald's AA was a first round pick in the draft...Will Loften be a 1st rounder? Exactly...

Thats funny because one of the McDonald's AA was a first round pick in the draft...Will Loften be a 1st rounder? Exactly...

I believe nothing was said about NBA, or after college. They simply mentioned college, and yes, Lofton's college career has exceeded all of theirs by far, no question.

IMO, Rondo is a better NBA player than he was college.

2007-2008 Stats:

Lofton: 13.4 points, 3.3 boards, 2.3 assists, 1.4 steals, .344 FG%, .333 3P%, .843 FT%

Bradley: 15.7 points, 3.8 boards, 3.3 assists, 1.7 steals, .439 FG%, .397 3P%, .851 FT%

Bradley is the first player to do this since Mashburn did it. They are not the only two to do it in the history of the program. But it is still pretty impressive if you think back to some of the players that have been at UK since Mashburn.