32 reported killed in shooting at Virginia Tech

Wireman

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from the act it's self and the people that have lost loved ones, the worse thing about this is I'd hate to think it but somewhere there is someone on another campus that now has it in thier minds, if this guy can pull it off, then I can too. I hope I'm wrong.

Aside from the act it's self and the people that have lost loved ones, the worse thing about this is I'd hate to think it but somewhere there is someone on another campus that now has it in thier minds, if this guy can pull it off, then I can too. I hope I'm wrong.

Pull it off? The only thing stopping anyone from killing enormous amounts of people is each persons own moral code, for lack of a better word.

My wife is a school teacher - always scares me to death.

As is my wife. It makes me feel a little better that she teaches at an elementary school (K-6), but the way todays world is, you just never know.

As is my wife. It makes me feel a little better that she teaches at an elementary school (K-6), but the way todays world is, you just never know.

My wife also teaches 4-5 graders. She says you wouldn't believe some of the stuff that goes on - even at that age.

I am a teacher and I can't believe that it comes to this. The previous school system I worked in had a student who made a list of people he was going to kill. 2 years later he was back in the hallways and attending classes. It made me sick, that the school officals did that. I liked the kid, I was his safe place when he would have a bad day, but he did not belong in a school system with the other kids. :mad:

The saddest thing about all of this, brings me back to Columbine in 99 since I was living in Aurora, Co at the time.

I remember calling my mother during my lunch break and she said there is something on tv about kids shooting up a high school. To this day, I remember expressing indifference and went about my day. That's not to say I didn't care for those involved, of course I did.

With all the violence in this world, you almost, at least I do, get desensitized

to it. This day and age, you expect this kind of stuff to happen, very sad.