Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Pulaski County

Featured Replies

  • Author

Thanks everyone. 

The name being given to me is Eddie James.  

Is that correct?  Just a rumor?  Something else?  Anyone?

  • Replies 241
  • Views 48.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Just letting everyone know I think an offer had been made. You asked a follow-up question and I answered it truthfully without lying. I wasn't saying I know something you don't.  You asked and I told

  • Footballfan99
    Footballfan99

    Interviews are a two way street. Interviewee should also be learning about the job and determining if it’s a good fit through the interview process.

  • Calico Jack
    Calico Jack

    To add onto what's been said in the above by @StudRB and @UKBaseball85, along with some others who have pointed it out. So many have no clue whatsoever how hard it is to win any at all in some of thes

Posted Images

  • Author

Furthermore I am told it is now down to either Travis Burns or Eddie James.  Burns turned it down, then said he wanted the job but Pulaski scheduled more interviews.  James was interviewed today and apparently is coming back tomorrow with his wifey to make a final decision.  So best I can tell it will either be Travis Burns or Eddie James.

26 minutes ago, theguru said:

Furthermore I am told it is now down to either Travis Burns or Eddie James.  Burns turned it down, then said he wanted the job but Pulaski scheduled more interviews.  James was interviewed today and apparently is coming back tomorrow with his wifey to make a final decision.  So best I can tell it will either be Travis Burns or Eddie James.

Sounds right. Seems like Pulaski has two good options. 

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Would anyone like to drop the name?  Or at least PM and tell me so I can do it?

Based on what hints have been dropped it was the guy that was head coach at Highlands for about 30 minutes with the flying high hints and golden It’s is Eddie James I’m saying. 

2 hours ago, theguru said:

Thanks everyone. 

The name being given to me is Eddie James.  

Is that correct?  Just a rumor?  Something else?  Anyone?

I've heard Eddie James mentioned a few times in discussions.

Tonight I had someone tell me that after multiple rounds of interviews, Pulaski County has informed current Boyle County defensive coordinator Travis Burns that they have opted to go with current Franklin County head coach Eddie James for their hire. It's been a fairly reliable source for me, historically, so I suppose we'll see in the next couple-few days how accurate that info is.

7 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I've heard Eddie James mentioned a few times in discussions.

Tonight I had someone tell me that after multiple rounds of interviews, Pulaski County has informed current Boyle County defensive coordinator Travis Burns that they have opted to go with current Franklin County head coach Eddie James for their hire. It's been a fairly reliable source for me, historically, so I suppose we'll see in the next couple-few days how accurate that info is.

Burns has not been contacted with that information.  

1 minute ago, DearToday said:

Burns has not been contacted with that information.  

If you know anything about Pulaski County administration, there’s a good chance he’ll never be contacted about not getting job. 
they’re notoriously known for just “ghosting” people. 

17 minutes ago, County_Ball24 said:

If you know anything about Pulaski County administration, there’s a good chance he’ll never be contacted about not getting job. 
they’re notoriously known for just “ghosting” people. 

Maybe in the past, but completely new administration over the course of the last couple of years outside of the AD. Don’t feel like any “ghosting” will take place here. 

If James is the hire, which I fully expect, Burns has to be kicking himself in the foot for turning it down the first time. Especially if he has come to terms that he truly wants the job because it was his to lose from the beginning. 

Is Pulaski co a better job than Franklin right now?  Only upside I can see is that 5A might not be as loaded as 4A.  

31 minutes ago, okie1 said:

Is Pulaski co a better job than Franklin right now?  Only upside I can see is that 5A might not be as loaded as 4A.  

That would be one edge, then again...trading Boyle deep into the playoffs at some point for a chance with Bowling Green.

I know overall pay wise there is no comparison with the advantage to Franklin.  Franklin's HC stipend, as it is for Western Hills as well, ranges between $7,891-$9,754 based off years experience from 0-15 years (stops at 15). Their teaching pay (w/ a Rank 1) schedule caps out at $72,658 for year 27, then at $74,859 at year 30.  Year 11 teaching at Franklin County ($61,167) is more than year 27+ in the Pulaski system ($60,825).

That is a whole lot of difference in coin over the years while in education between the two, which obviously effects those retirement years as well.

There is only a $3,300+ raise in pay teaching from year 10-27 in the Pulaski County System

1 hour ago, okie1 said:

Is Pulaski co a better job than Franklin right now?  Only upside I can see is that 5A might not be as loaded as 4A.  

I don't believe 4A is much more loaded top to bottom than 5A.  Now I would say that the 5A East is not as loaded as 5A West.  Now Boyle and Corbin last season might have been #1 and top 5 in the entire state overall so this post is absolutely no knock on those 2 schools.  But 5A is an extremely good class of football top to bottom. 

When should we expect an announcement?

There is absolutely no way that Coach James would leave FC for Pulaski. FC seems like a much better job and he has a ton of talent coming back for 2024. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.