Open Job: Pulaski County

theguru

Furthermore I am told it is now down to either Travis Burns or Eddie James.  Burns turned it down, then said he wanted the job but Pulaski scheduled more interviews.  James was interviewed today and apparently is coming back tomorrow with his wifey to make a final decision.  So best I can tell it will either be Travis Burns or Eddie James.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, theguru said:

Furthermore I am told it is now down to either Travis Burns or Eddie James.  Burns turned it down, then said he wanted the job but Pulaski scheduled more interviews.  James was interviewed today and apparently is coming back tomorrow with his wifey to make a final decision.  So best I can tell it will either be Travis Burns or Eddie James.

Sounds right. Seems like Pulaski has two good options. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Would anyone like to drop the name?  Or at least PM and tell me so I can do it?

Based on what hints have been dropped it was the guy that was head coach at Highlands for about 30 minutes with the flying high hints and golden It’s is Eddie James I’m saying. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theguru said:

Thanks everyone. 

The name being given to me is Eddie James.  

Is that correct?  Just a rumor?  Something else?  Anyone?

I've heard Eddie James mentioned a few times in discussions.

Tonight I had someone tell me that after multiple rounds of interviews, Pulaski County has informed current Boyle County defensive coordinator Travis Burns that they have opted to go with current Franklin County head coach Eddie James for their hire. It's been a fairly reliable source for me, historically, so I suppose we'll see in the next couple-few days how accurate that info is.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I've heard Eddie James mentioned a few times in discussions.

Tonight I had someone tell me that after multiple rounds of interviews, Pulaski County has informed current Boyle County defensive coordinator Travis Burns that they have opted to go with current Franklin County head coach Eddie James for their hire. It's been a fairly reliable source for me, historically, so I suppose we'll see in the next couple-few days how accurate that info is.

Burns has not been contacted with that information.  

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, DearToday said:

Burns has not been contacted with that information.  

If you know anything about Pulaski County administration, there’s a good chance he’ll never be contacted about not getting job. 
they’re notoriously known for just “ghosting” people. 

17 minutes ago, County_Ball24 said:

If you know anything about Pulaski County administration, there’s a good chance he’ll never be contacted about not getting job. 
they’re notoriously known for just “ghosting” people. 

Maybe in the past, but completely new administration over the course of the last couple of years outside of the AD. Don’t feel like any “ghosting” will take place here. 

31 minutes ago, okie1 said:

Is Pulaski co a better job than Franklin right now?  Only upside I can see is that 5A might not be as loaded as 4A.  

That would be one edge, then again...trading Boyle deep into the playoffs at some point for a chance with Bowling Green.

I know overall pay wise there is no comparison with the advantage to Franklin.  Franklin's HC stipend, as it is for Western Hills as well, ranges between $7,891-$9,754 based off years experience from 0-15 years (stops at 15). Their teaching pay (w/ a Rank 1) schedule caps out at $72,658 for year 27, then at $74,859 at year 30.  Year 11 teaching at Franklin County ($61,167) is more than year 27+ in the Pulaski system ($60,825).

That is a whole lot of difference in coin over the years while in education between the two, which obviously effects those retirement years as well.

There is only a $3,300+ raise in pay teaching from year 10-27 in the Pulaski County System

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, okie1 said:

Is Pulaski co a better job than Franklin right now?  Only upside I can see is that 5A might not be as loaded as 4A.  

I don't believe 4A is much more loaded top to bottom than 5A.  Now I would say that the 5A East is not as loaded as 5A West.  Now Boyle and Corbin last season might have been #1 and top 5 in the entire state overall so this post is absolutely no knock on those 2 schools.  But 5A is an extremely good class of football top to bottom.