Open Job: Pulaski County

theguru

5 hours ago, BillNye said:

I said maybe. No way of ever actually knowing.

That being said, going from Franklin County to Pulaski County doesn't seem, at least to me, as even a lateral opportunity. If he is the hire then that's a homerun. I just have a hard time of seeing the circumstances around it. Teacher pay is better, the immediate team success favors FC by a wide margin, and the overall talent pool is superior. And a previous poster mentioned about getting away from Boyle County in 4A just to line it up against Bowling Green in 5A, I don't see that as a valid enough reason to make a change like this. 

Immediate team success favors Franklin by a large margin?  Overall talent pool superior?  Those are strong words. 

1 hour ago, Themadgijoe said:

I guess they could look a little further down Lake Cumberland….I heard a coach with a great resume (coached team to the state title game) might have interest…. Of course rumor central on here but heard from a good friend that knows him and this guy may be ready to put his boots on the ground again!

tmp.gif

With the twists and turns this thread has taken, Shawn Thompson coming out of retirement to take the Pulaski job would be the equivalent to one of Stone Cold’s returns to the ring. Jaw Dropping. That would be must see stuff….

I can hear the glass breaking now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

It's so obvious....it's been right in front of our noses all along 😂

Your post and this thread got me thinking about college coach comparisons and coach searches.

When it comes to coach search drama, is Eddie James more like Jim Harbaugh or Bobby Petrino?

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

You and thus thread got me thinking about college coach comparisons and coach search

When it comes to coach search drama, is Eddie James more like Jim Harbaugh or Bobby Petrino?

Bobby P. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Your post and this thread got me thinking about college coach comparisons and coach searches.

Definitely Bobby P returning to Arkansas!

Just got word from very reliable source, Decision is coming out today. Burns was contacted by AD yesterday saying so. 

Travis Burns or Eddie James, PC is getting a good hire. 

Look for it to come out this afternoon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, County_Ball24 said:

Just got word from very reliable source, Decision is coming out today. Burns was contacted by AD yesterday saying so. 

Travis Burns or Eddie James, PC is getting a good hire. 

Look for it to come out this afternoon. 

I hope for the Pulaski County fans sake that you are right. Even the Kardashians are jealous of this drama.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Just noticed that of the 92 accounts followed by the Pulaski County Maroons Football account on Twitter, one of them Travis Burns. Johnny Hines is the only other non-Pulaski County high school coach the account is following.

🤔

C_W_B out there looking for clues .. image.jpeg.e82c6116a3f15ced70f8ed6ab9baab51.jpeg

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, CAT DIESEL POWER said:

We had another flash in the pan morning but now we have a fresh coat of paint to watch.

The AM post(s) summed it up perfectly.. the hire is announced soon- at latest Monday.. but Pulaski Co has their coach. 

• Like 1