Open Job: Pulaski County

theguru

18 minutes ago, OneAndOnly said:

There is absolutely no way that Coach James would leave FC for Pulaski. FC seems like a much better job and he has a ton of talent coming back for 2024. 

Coach James just posted on the listserv that FCHS are seeking assistant coaches. So, does this mean James remains at FC and Burns to PC? 

53 minutes ago, OneAndOnly said:

There is absolutely no way that Coach James would leave FC for Pulaski. FC seems like a much better job and he has a ton of talent coming back for 2024. 

Typically if someone shows interest and they interview and take a tour of the school…there is a way that someone could leave said school for another.

3 minutes ago, 12th Region Fan said:

With all the interviews and touring of the facilities… something must be missing for Pulaski. Is it their parents coaches don’t want to deal with it? Is it lack of facilities? Is it money? Or a combination of all? 

At the risk of sounding a little silly here, what did the last coach have to say about coaching football at Pulaski County?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BobbyKnight said:

Coach James just posted on the listserv that FCHS are seeking assistant coaches. So, does this mean James remains at FC and Burns to PC? 

3 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

For what it's worth Eddie James just sent an email to the list serve looking for asst coaches at Franklin Co.

How many times have we seen new stories break about "Coach Smith announced as new head coach at Acme High School," only to have the coach come out and refute the story and ask to have it taken down....only to have the news break four days later that Coach Smith has, in fact, taken the job at Acme High School?

Seems to be a lot of hearsay and no concrete evidence on this job. If the school wants someone to keep the middle school talent there and go back to beating Southwestern, Josh Roberts is the obvious choice.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Grammar/Capitalization
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

How many times have we seen new stories break about "Coach Smith announced as new head coach at Acme High School," only to have the coach come out and refute the story and ask to have it taken down....only to have the news break four days later that Coach Smith has, in fact, taken the job at Acme High School?

Maybe FC admin hadn't given him assistant stipends and he found a way to leverage things and get those stipends? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, okie1 said:

Maybe FC admin hadn't given him assistant stipends and he found a way to leverage things and get those stipends? 

Completely in the realm of possibility, yes. My understanding was that a similar scenario played a major role in Coach James' decision to back out of the Highlands job and resume his role at Franklin County.

Although, I've gotta think Franklin County is gonna get awfully tired of their football coach threatening to head elsewhere every time he wants more stipends for assistant coaches.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Although, I've gotta think Franklin County is gonna get awfully tired of their football coach threatening to head elsewhere every time he wants more stipends for assistant coaches.

Exactly and assuming he has in fact applied for the Pulaski job I would fire him at Franklin County and try to find someone interested in the job long term.  Or least that is how I would have thought about it 20 years ago, or maybe even 10 years ago.  Today I would almost be scared of letting go of a problematic (but good coach) because the alternatives may be much worse. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, BillNye said:

Or maybe there wasn't a twist to begin with, and it was always going to be Travis Burns or Roberts. This whole Eddie James fiasco has seemed so strange the entire time.

You think that many people got it wrong? 😆