Open Job: Pulaski County

theguru

7 minutes ago, Hard Work said:

You think that many people got it wrong? 😆 

I said maybe. No way of ever actually knowing.

That being said, going from Franklin County to Pulaski County doesn't seem, at least to me, as even a lateral opportunity. If he is the hire then that's a homerun. I just have a hard time of seeing the circumstances around it. Teacher pay is better, the immediate team success favors FC by a wide margin, and the overall talent pool is superior. And a previous poster mentioned about getting away from Boyle County in 4A just to line it up against Bowling Green in 5A, I don't see that as a valid enough reason to make a change like this. 

21 minutes ago, BillNye said:

Or maybe there wasn't a twist to begin with, and it was always going to be Travis Burns or Roberts. This whole Eddie James fiasco has seemed so strange the entire time.

Do you think/believe Coach James showed any interest in the job?

I almost have to wonder if Coach Burns has been kept on the back burner while Pulaski flirts with Coach James (or whatever you want to call it) if maybe Coach Burns gets cold feet once again.

I am going to have a big bowl of homemade chili tonight and watch this thread. 🙂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BillNye said:

That being said, going from Franklin County to Pulaski County doesn't seem, at least to me, as even a lateral opportunity. If he is the hire then that's a homerun. I just have a hard time of seeing the circumstances around it. Teacher pay is better, the immediate team success favors FC by a wide margin, and the overall talent pool is superior. And a previous poster mentioned about getting away from Boyle County in 4A just to line it up against Bowling Green in 5A, I don't see that as a valid enough reason to make a change like this. 

Eddie James was at Pulaski High School the last two days. He had interest and heavily considered. Now what happened over night and today; I’m not sure. But he was on campus. 

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, theguru said:

Do you think/believe Coach James showed any interest in the job?

I almost have to wonder if Coach Burns has been kept on the back burner while Pulaski flirts with Coach James (or whatever you want to call it) if maybe Coach Burns gets cold feet once again.

I am going to have a big bowl of homemade chili tonight and watch this thread. 🙂

I'm not in a spot to make any kind of educated guess, but if I had to, the position you took here is what I've had in my head from the moment I heard Coach James mentioned. 

3 minutes ago, 12th Region Fan said:

Eddie James was at Pulaski High School the last two days. He had interest and heavily considered. Now what happened over night and today; I’m not sure. But he was on campus. 

And that's fine. All I was implying was I have been skeptical, and I don't think I'm alone in that thinking. Again, let me be perfectly clear, if Coach James is selected that is a fantastic hire for Pulaski County.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BillNye said:

Team success is because of the individuals around the program and the foundation work laid. Overall, PC is better when it comes to coaching football. There are just some places in this state that understand Football (PC being one of those), and they like to win. Everyone else signs up for their KHSAA members-only jacket and hopes to have a good run. That is the difference!

1 minute ago, Hard Work said:

Team success is because of the individuals around the program and the foundation work laid. Overall, PC is better when it comes to coaching football. There are just some places in this state that understand Football (PC being one of those), and they like to win. Everyone else signs up for their KHSAA members-only jacket and hopes to have a good run. That is the difference!

We will have to agree to disagree here.

1 minute ago, BillNye said:

We will have to agree to disagree here.

That's fine, but FC is the same school that hired a guy from a neighboring county who lost to Franklin County that year, and that was the only game FC won. That wouldn't happen anywhere that takes the game seriously. I am very familiar with the situation, and I can tell you Coach James and the staff have done a great job with that program(Youth League, Middle School, and High School.) That is why they are successful. It isn't because football is taken seriously in the capital city. Look at the many posts in this thread: the coaching stipend at an independent school in the same city is more than at the county school level. PC will land Burns, and as I said before, they will visit Kroger in the near future because they get "Football."

1 hour ago, BillNye said:

Or maybe there wasn't a twist to begin with, and it was always going to be Travis Burns or Roberts. This whole Eddie James fiasco has seemed so strange the entire time.

It wasn’t really a fiasco.. only thing is he may not take the job.  He was at the school. 

10 minutes ago, Unrivaled97 said:

If it is Coach James, he’s doing a nice job of hiding it.  He was just on Listserv this afternoon looking for assistant coaches to join the staff at Franklin County.

Very odd timing in any circumstance. To apply for a job, go to the school and post such a thing the next or even same day is pretty crazy. 

If you’re looking at assistants my guess would be that he intends to stay at Franklin 

I guess they could look a little further down Lake Cumberland….I heard a coach with a great resume (coached team to the state title game) might have interest…. Of course rumor central on here but heard from a good friend that knows him and this guy may be ready to put his boots on the ground again!

tmp.gif

• Like 1