Open Job: Pulaski County

theguru

Someone who likes to talk nicely at banquets lol. Actually this could be one of those situations where you don't want to be the guy following the guy if you get my drift. Sounds like Coach Hines might have had more fans than critics.

24 minutes ago, UKBaseball85 said:

Would Steve Stonebreaker throw his name in the ring? Somebody correct me, but success seems to follow him at every stop. I’m not sure how many more years he wants to go however. He’s been around in the business for some time. 

I also thought of him as well, he would be a great hire for PC in my opinion, could probably build on what coach Hines Has built there, another name maybe Josh Jaggers at Lincoln possibly? Not sure either would be interested, but PC contrary to popular belief is a good job in my opinion, better then most in the area. 

1 hour ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Why would Foley leave what he's built to move across town. Facilities wise and support wise the programs mirror each other. I'm not sure he makes the jump.

Pulaski used to be a better situation than SW.  Not from central office or parents but from specific in school admin.  In school weights and couple of other things were lagging behind at SW.  Not sure if it's equal now or not.  But it didn't used to be.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

Pulaski used to be a better situation than SW.  Not from central office or parents but from specific in school admin.  In school weights and couple of other things were lagging behind at SW.  Not sure if it's equal now or not.  But it didn't used to be.  

I imagine the recent scores between these two would show things have leveled out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seybold24 said:

I also thought of him as well, he would be a great hire for PC in my opinion, could probably build on what coach Hines Has built there, another name maybe Josh Jaggers at Lincoln possibly? Not sure either would be interested, but PC contrary to popular belief is a good job in my opinion, better then most in the area. 

Stonebreaker and Jaggers might be interested.  If Travis Burns doesn't go to SL as rumored,  he may have interest in this job as well.  Jaggers is rumored to have applied for Etown.  Stoney has ties in Lincoln so that would get him closer. Time will tell all things. 

12 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Initial story posted by local newspaper has been deleted. Word is that nothing has been or can be confirmed at this point.

I still expect Hines to SL, but newspaper has backed off of their story.

Here is the story that was deleted:

This was posted by the Commonwealth Journal on 12-26-23 but removed from their site on 12-27-23:

John Hines resigns as Pulaski football head coach
By JACOB PRATT Commonwealth Journal 11 hrs ago 

After 25 seasons as head coach of the Pulaski County Maroons, John Hines is resigning his position for a second time. Hines, who led the Maroons to the 2014 Class 5A state championship, announced he was taking the head coaching job at South Laurel, a district opponent for the Maroons. Hines originally resigned back in 2018 to take an assistant coach job with Georgetown College but returned a few days later.

Hines suffered his first losing season since 2017 this past fall with a 4-8 record. Hines only had 3 losing seasons over the past 17 years.

With the most wins in Pulaski football history, Hines will leave the Maroons’ sideline with a 192-113 record over his 25 years at the helm.

Hines had a historic run from 2013 to 2016 where he led the Maroons to four straight Class 5A title games, with his 2014 appearance resulting in a championship. Those four straight title appearances made Pulaski one of only 10 programs in the history of Kentucky high school football to accomplish such a feat. During that four-year span, the Maroons had a record of 52-8.

In 2014, Hines was named the AP Kentucky High School Football Coach of the Year. He also won four CJ Coach of the Year awards in 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2016. The Maroons had six regional titles in 2009, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2018 during Hines’ tenure as head coach.

Pulaski will be searching for only the seventh head coach in the football program’s history and with such a young team, the sky is the limit for whoever winds up as the head honcho of the Maroons.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Seybold24 said:

I don't think Lincoln Co. would mind.  They've not been very good with him.  Stonebreaker seems like a better fit stylistically with how PC has played throwing the ball around the yard for years.   But, maybe they want a style change...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, LethalPG said:

I don't think Lincoln Co. would mind.  They've not been very good with him.  Stonebreaker seems like a better fit stylistically with how PC has played throwing the ball around the yard for years.   But, maybe they want a style change...

Would Somerset coach be interested?