Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Pulaski County

Featured Replies

18 hours ago, BEChargers said:

I think Stoney would do very well there.  

 

2 minutes ago, Bulls on Parade said:

I Agree... He does a Great Job... 

What I've noticed about Stonebraker as a coach as his career has progressed is that he has gotten much better at building his style around his personnel. If it needs to be a run team, he'll run. If it needs to be a passing team, he'll pass. When you coach at mid-sized rural schools like Garrard, Casey, and Adair you have to adapt to your personnel. It would be interesting to see him at a program like Pulaski where personnel really shouldn't ever be a problem. I think he'd kill it!

  • Replies 241
  • Views 48.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Just letting everyone know I think an offer had been made. You asked a follow-up question and I answered it truthfully without lying. I wasn't saying I know something you don't.  You asked and I told

  • Footballfan99
    Footballfan99

    Interviews are a two way street. Interviewee should also be learning about the job and determining if it’s a good fit through the interview process.

  • Calico Jack
    Calico Jack

    To add onto what's been said in the above by @StudRB and @UKBaseball85, along with some others who have pointed it out. So many have no clue whatsoever how hard it is to win any at all in some of thes

Posted Images

Wouldn’t you expect interviews to start sometime next week? I would think they would want a coach named soon to get ready for spring practice and offseason lifting. 

Pulaski has skill and maintains a tough schedule.  Wooldridge is the man for the job but with no varsity experience plays against him.  But they need to look back at the Foley Passover.   Hearing foley is not leaving SW.  
 Stonebreaker has success at smaller schools Where success is measured totally different than at established programs like PC.   Woodford county proved that and a smalll run at JeffersonT.    All good coaches but Pc is bigtime and some that apply will be tough to do what Hines has done.   But I’m hearing less than 6 apps. 

Interviews begin today. They’ve pushed this process up two weeks. They’ve got their guys they have narrowed it down to. 
 

expect an announcement to be made sometime next week. 

3 minutes ago, 12th Region Fan said:

Any idea which applicants are getting interviews? 

My understanding. Travis Burns, Josh Roberts and there is one more that has been closed off from people knowing. 
 

personal thoughts, it’s probably Chad Griffin from Hart County or Stonebreaker 

54 minutes ago, County_Ball24 said:

My understanding. Travis Burns, Josh Roberts and there is one more that has been closed off from people knowing. 
 

personal thoughts, it’s probably Chad Griffin from Hart County or Stonebreaker 

As someone that grew up in Hart County, I hope this isn’t true. I hope the Raiders can keep their coach, and continue much deserved success. However, I think he would do a really good job, and be a definite culture change that Pulaski seems to desperately need. 

If Stonebreaker applied, he'll be interviewed. Reading through the comments and seeing people say "success at a small school is different." Respectfully, he led Casey County to a Region championship game, and had the opportunity to beat Corbin on the road in that game. Success is success, period. 

I like Travis Burns and Chad Griffin as well, and would do fine. CJ will be interivewed, or should be. 

Foley out at this point?  

8 minutes ago, UKBaseball85 said:

If Stonebreaker applied, he'll be interviewed. Reading through the comments and seeing people say "success at a small school is different." Respectfully, he led Casey County to a Region championship game, and had the opportunity to beat Corbin on the road in that game. Success is success, period. 

I like Travis Burns and Chad Griffin as well, and would do fine. CJ will be interivewed, or should be. 

Foley out at this point?  

I'm wondering why Foley was being discussed so much for this job.  He's already coaching at the other school in the system. He's completely owned Pulaski County since he's been at Southwestern.  Where is there any advantage in moving across town?  It's the same system, the pay is going to be the same. He's got his staff in place at Southwestern. It's not a given that he can just take them all with him if he changes schools. And why would the Pulaski County school system put themselves through all the trouble of moving a coach and/or staff from one school to the other, then have to go through the whole process again at Southwestern? It just makes no sense that Foley would want the job, or that the school system would entertain the idea of moving him. 

1 hour ago, UKBaseball85 said:

If Stonebreaker applied, he'll be interviewed. Reading through the comments and seeing people say "success at a small school is different." Respectfully, he led Casey County to a Region championship game, and had the opportunity to beat Corbin on the road in that game. Success is success, period. 

I like Travis Burns and Chad Griffin as well, and would do fine. CJ will be interivewed, or should be. 

Foley out at this point?  

I agree. Also, Stonebraker didn’t  apply for the job. His son will be a Senior next year and likes it at Adair so he will be staying. 
 

Not all small schools and not all large schools are built the same. Some have better talent, resources, etc. Pikeville is a 1A school that judges success much different than many 6A schools. 
 

The talent at Woodford is much different now than when Stonebraker was there. After he left there I believe they went on the state’s longest losing streak for a time so that tells me he was getting the most out of what he had. 

To add onto what's been said in the above by @StudRB and @UKBaseball85, along with some others who have pointed it out. So many have no clue whatsoever how hard it is to win any at all in some of these one horse town (with not many more stoplights than the horse), rural county schools where the student population is so ridiculously spread out, placing you in a class that is about 1-3 higher than you really should be based off the area(s) where you actually draw students that participate in anything, let alone football.

On 1/12/2024 at 6:59 AM, 12th Region Fan said:

As someone that grew up in Hart County, I hope this isn’t true. I hope the Raiders can keep their coach, and continue much deserved success. However, I think he would do a really good job, and be a definite culture change that Pulaski seems to desperately need. 

Hart county lost an absolute ton from last season. I am not sure  if anyone thought hart was ever capable of a season they just had I know I didn’t think it was possible-so timing checks out on that front. 

On 1/12/2024 at 8:57 AM, Carl Spackler said:

I'm wondering why Foley was being discussed so much for this job.  He's already coaching at the other school in the system. He's completely owned Pulaski County since he's been at Southwestern.  Where is there any advantage in moving across town?  It's the same system, the pay is going to be the same. He's got his staff in place at Southwestern. It's not a given that he can just take them all with him if he changes schools. And why would the Pulaski County school system put themselves through all the trouble of moving a coach and/or staff from one school to the other, then have to go through the whole process again at Southwestern? It just makes no sense that Foley would want the job, or that the school system would entertain the idea of moving him. 

A few years ago Pulaski was a better job than SW because of each schools principal.  Not sure if that is still the case but it was just a few years ago. 

Rumors of an offer being made. Hopefully things fall into place quickly for the Maroons.

1 hour ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Rumors of an offer being made. Hopefully things fall into place quickly for the Maroons.

Have a name? 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.