Open Job: Pulaski County

theguru

18 minutes ago, LC-Flyboy said:

Would Somerset coach be interested?

I’m not sure why he would with the way the alignment is currently.  Somerset has most of their kids back, and arguably had the easiest path to State-Semifinals this past season.  Also, a strong MS group coming up.

Clevenger has what most consider a top 15-20 job in the state. That, plus a very young team, administration support, and facilities. The 2024 schedule does them favors also.  I know it’s routine to throw his name into every thread every cycle, but Clevenger isn’t leaving. As he shouldn’t. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, LethalPG said:

I’m not sure why he would with the way the alignment is currently.  Somerset has most of their kids back, and arguably had the easiest path to State-Semifinals this past season.  Also, a strong MS group coming up.

Wasn't sure. I was just thinking of local coaches that might be interested 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Seybold24 said:

Foley will drop his name in and I'd be shocked if he isn't offered right away, 

Outside of him I don't know who else will drop in, but it will be a very sought after job in my opinion. 

Nope. PC missed this chance to stick out the waning Hines years. 

4 hours ago, LC-Flyboy said:

Stonebreaker and Jaggers might be interested.  If Travis Burns doesn't go to SL as rumored,  he may have interest in this job as well.  Jaggers is rumored to have applied for Etown.  Stoney has ties in Lincoln so that would get him closer. Time will tell all things. 

If Jaggers leaves LC, it would be to get back to E-Town.  PC is too strong of a program for Stonebreaker.  He is a good coach but you can’t pad your schedule in 5A as much as you can in 3A to get easy wins.  I can see PC assistant coach Phil having a shot.  I’m going to say no way in Foley. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, LethalPG said:

5A is a lot tougher- not as easy to advance through the region if for no other reason you have to compete the rival of Southwestern.

15 hours ago, UKBaseball85 said:

Clevenger has what most consider a top 15-20 job in the state. That, plus a very young team, administration support, and facilities. The 2024 schedule does them favors also.  I know it’s routine to throw his name into every thread every cycle, but Clevenger isn’t leaving. As he shouldn’t. 

Is Somerset a better job than Pulaski?

2 hours ago, BEChargers said:

I believe there are more variables into a job these days due to the dynamic of KY HS Football. On the surface I am going to say yes. Somerset appears to be headed in the right direction with administrative support and support from the community. Somerset has some really nice facilities and I believe they are only beginning now that they have hired Clevenger.

Now you factor in our "Precious" RPI system I would believe that playing in 2A has many perks over playing in 5A.

I have said this all along, but I think the system is flawed and needs to be reworked. 5A can only gain real RPI pts from playing 5A and 6A schools. There is no benefit from playing out of state because you only receive a .500 win. If you sit in a lower class, you hold the keys especially when you play those lower-level programs from the higher classes.

13 hours ago, BEChargers said:

I do not think so- If it’s all about winning a state championship then possibility- but not like that’s likely given the history.  Pulaski County has one of the top programs in the area , can advance deep into playoffs each year with the talent they have in the youth leagues/middle school. 

• Like 1