Open Job: Pulaski County

theguru

We’ve named some potential head coaches from others schools that may be interested.    Any potential assistant coaches or middle school coaches have a shot at it?  Maybe coach Phil Russell at PC?  What about northern middle head coach, Woodridge?  He’s won a few titles.  What about assts. from Boyle or Corbin?  🏈 

6 hours ago, catfan09 said:

I do not think so- If it’s all about winning a state championship then possibility- but not like that’s likely given the history.  Pulaski County has one of the top programs in the area , can advance deep into playoffs each year with the talent they have in the youth leagues/middle school. 

Except for that exceptional 4 year run that Pulaski had, Somerset has had much more success than Pulaski during Hines tenure there.   And Somerset doesn't have to deal with another school in their own system drawing players from the same talent pool.  Somerset also had it's own youth league, and a very solid middle school program as well.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, justme2018 said:

Y’all have to remember the super will control this hire IMO. I doubt he’d want to hire 2 coaches…. I don’t think foley applies or leaves SW for PC. JMO. The names I’ve heard JF isn’t one of them. 

I doubt Foley leaves for PC but that would have nothing to do with the super. More so it’s not like they can promise to give him more at PC if it’s all coming from the same board. 

14 hours ago, DearToday said:

I doubt Foley leaves for PC but that would have nothing to do with the super. More so it’s not like they can promise to give him more at PC if it’s all coming from the same board. 

Doesn't Foley have "home ties" to PC though? I know that sounds crazy because they are in the same county but, no matter what home is home, no matter if it's in the same county or not. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seybold24 said:

Doesn't Foley have "home ties" to PC though? I know that sounds crazy because they are in the same county but, no matter what home is home, no matter if it's in the same county or not. 

He's not from Pulaski County, he's from Russell Couhty. His only real ties to PCHS, is that the fact he once coached their middle school program.

I see no reason for him to switch I jobs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Seybold24 said:

Jumper Dad nailed it. He may hear PC out, but I’d say a 0% chance he leaves. 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2024 at 10:28 AM, UKBaseball85 said:

Foley may apply, but I don’t see the move happening. I still think that the Pulaski middle school coach will be the guy moving forward. 

Coach Wooldridge would be a good hire I believe.  He's had some success at the MS level and kids seem to like playing for him.  I haven't heard anything negative really said about him either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BEChargers said:

Who was set to become the Head Coach when Coach Hines initially left for Georgetown before ultimately pulling back from Georgetown and coming back?

It was rumored to have been Foley, but Hines was only gone a few days...they weren't far into the process of replacing him.