Open Job: Pulaski County

theguru

On 1/1/2024 at 2:13 PM, LC-Flyboy said:

Would Levi Rogers throw his name in the hat for this one?

I guess potentially. I’d like to know the number of applications in general. I would assume over 20 here? His chances won’t be as high as other names listed above, if they chose to apply. Scanning through the open jobs, this is by far the most attractive. Pulaski won’t waste time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UKBaseball85 said:

I guess potentially. I’d like to know the number of applications in general. I would assume over 20 here? His chances won’t be as high as other names listed above, if they chose to apply. Scanning through the open jobs, this is by far the most attractive. Pulaski won’t waste time. 

Just heard tonight that there's already 12 applications submitted for this job.

You wil NOT have 20 apps.  I doubt over 10.  If they do have 12, consider it lucky and at least half have never coached.    I’d Russell will be the front runner.   We let Foley get away, doubt  that mistake will be made twice in PC, so Wooldridge would have the advantage cause I still don’t think Foley will come-  but you never know. 

IF (and that's a big if) I was the AD at Pulaski, aka Brian Miller, my first call would be to my alma mater and see if Stonebreaker has any interest in leaving Adair to come to PC. It's not about padding your schedule it's about winning at a higher level.  PC has the resources, MS program and the elementary school program as well. Just my $.02.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I would expect a job at a program of this quality to have multiple applicants with head coaching experience. I would be surprised if a coach without varsity head coaching experience is hired.

I cover/follow mostly baseball, and that side of things seems to be the total opposite opinion of this. If a coach is a good candidate and presents that they are ready for a job, then they will be hired. "Experience" is a loose term about like "culture" to me. While I agree that Pulaski will have stronger options, you never know. 

The middle school coach is a strong name, and one with minimum varsity experience. (Somebody correct me if I am wrong on that. I might be!)  He's still qualified, actually I would say that he is over qualified. Let's be wise and not throw out categories that determine if a coach is or isn't worthy of a job. 

French, interesting.  That is a name I’ve not heard for this position.  PC is too big for Stonebreaker, his stint as Wolford Co. was not very good.   PC middle school program is larger than some 3A and 4A programs, so I think Wooldridge has to be considered.  If Foley wants to come over, then he has earned it but not sure how if he would.  Still can’t count out Russell.   

10 minutes ago, 12thfootballfan said:

French, interesting.  That is a name I’ve not heard for this position.  PC is too big for Stonebreaker, his stint as Wolford Co. was not very good.   PC middle school program is larger than some 3A and 4A programs, so I think Wooldridge has to be considered.  If Foley wants to come over, then he has earned it but not sure how if he would.  Still can’t count out Russell.   

Russell has a zero percent chance of getting the job. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Rule 2 reads in part:

2. No disparaging, taunting, or boastful comments--especially between opponents trying to intimidate each other. This includes, name calling or personal attacks toward any member, username, team, or school. 

On 1/3/2024 at 1:00 PM, LC-Flyboy said:

Heard Larry French is interested in this position. Could be interesting!!

Talk about someone who will clean up any "culture issues".  Defense would improve immediately.  I think Stonebraker is interesting too with his style of play.  

• Like 2

On 1/3/2024 at 3:37 PM, DearToday said:

Russell has a zero percent chance of getting the job. 

This is 100% accurate. 
looking like it’s gonna come down to a couple things. 
Is the administration gonna stay somewhat in house with either G.J. Wooldridge or Josh Roberts. Or go completely out of it and start completely new. 

This Job is very appealing, but the pay of the job will deter some people from taking the job. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, County_Ball24 said:

This is 100% accurate. 
looking like it’s gonna come down to a couple things. 
Is the administration gonna stay somewhat in house with either G.J. Wooldridge or Josh Roberts. Or go completely out of it and start completely new. 

This Job is very appealing, but the pay of the job will deter some people from taking the job. 

What is the Job Pay?