Open Job: Pulaski County

theguru

1 hour ago, LethalPG said:

It says $13,000 on Pulaski Co. Schools Extra duty pay from their website.

Yes. $13,000 is correct, but the big thing with Pulaski County is that there isn’t a “pool” of money to pull from unlike a lot of other schools in the state, or basically there is no “Alumni Funding” to help pay the coach. 

So far there has only been 4 confirmed applicants, and think there is only gonna be a couple more to apply. 

On 1/3/2024 at 10:06 AM, Voice of Reason said:

I would expect a job at a program of this quality to have multiple applicants with head coaching experience. I would be surprised if a coach without varsity head coaching experience is hired.

Ninety-nine out of a hundred times, I would agree. This might be that one time it would make sense to me, considering the stature of Northern Pulaski's middle school program and the precedent that Jason Foley set. Before moving to the high school ranks, Foley was the head coach at Northern Pulaski Middle. He went straight from there to Taylor County High School and won a region title in his second season before returning to the Somerset area to coach at Southwestern. 

I couldn't see it happening at most programs of Pulaski's caliber, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Maroons take a chance on their current middle school coach.

That's assuming Foley himself isn't interested.

1 hour ago, County_Ball24 said:

Yes. $13,000 is correct, but the big thing with Pulaski County is that there isn’t a “pool” of money to pull from unlike a lot of other schools in the state, or basically there is no “Alumni Funding” to help pay the coach. 

So far there has only been 4 confirmed applicants, and think there is only gonna be a couple more to apply. 

What are some regional salaries made by other head football coaches? 

• Like 1

Foley is hiring staff for Southwestern I’ll go out and say he won’t be the coach. 

If GJ is not an interested candidate for head , he should join the new coach in some other role. 

2 hours ago, catfan09 said:

What are some regional salaries made by other head football coaches? 

Garrard pays 10,900.

I'd guess outside of Boyle that most schools are in the 10-15 range.

6 hours ago, County_Ball24 said:

What schools use Alumni Funding to pay for coaching salaries? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, catfan09 said:

What schools use Alumni Funding to pay for coaching salaries? 

A lot of the independent school systems have this. And there are actually a couple public schools as well. 
A lot of it comes down if the administration from the top wants to see their athletic programs succeed, they will find and use resources to have this “pool” of money so that they can pay their head coaches well, and so that these coaches can go out and get the assistant coaches they want to have apart of their staff as well. 

15 hours ago, County_Ball24 said:

A lot of the independent school systems have this. And there are actually a couple public schools as well. 
A lot of it comes down if the administration from the top wants to see their athletic programs succeed, they will find and use resources to have this “pool” of money so that they can pay their head coaches well, and so that these coaches can go out and get the assistant coaches they want to have apart of their staff as well. 

By Redbook laws booster organizations can not pay any stipends for any school employees and that includes coaches.  They can donate funds to the district as long as it doesn’t go over district guidelines.  Any donations would be a matter of public record so anyone can see them.  So if there is a school using a “pool” of money to pay coaches, they may be violating state law and we would probably fail their annual state audit.  

• Like 5

23 hours ago, 12th Region Fan said:

I’m hearing Stonebraker is going to get heavy consideration for this job. Wonder what the reaction will be from the PC fan base if this is the hire? 

So it sounds like he has atleast applied? Would you say he’s the favorite right now.