Open Job: Pulaski County

theguru

1 hour ago, UKBaseball85 said:

Will go off of what has been said, but the next Pulaski County HC will be Travis Burns or Josh Roberts. I would assume this will be announced by the end of the week. Both are very qualified. 

I think the kids at Boyle really like Burns. Enjoy playing for him and have respect for his coaching abilities. He would be missed if he left.

1 minute ago, 12th Region Fan said:

My sources are saying Josh Roberts is the man. Pulaski made a strong effort for Burns, but he decided it wasn’t the right time/fit for he and his family. 

When will the announcement be official? 

If Travis was to leave, I wish him nothing but the best!  I would actually become a Pulaski fan.  He stepped in after Coach Hester retired and Boyle hasn't missed a beat.  Boyle's defense towards the end of the season was just as impressive as their offense.  He will be missed if true.      

9 hours ago, 12th Region Fan said:

My sources are saying Josh Roberts is the man. Pulaski made a strong effort for Burns, but he decided it wasn’t the right time/fit for he and his family. 

So who is Josh Roberts?  

Josh is a assistant on the middle school staff, he was a longtime assistant at the high school under Hines. Just kind of curious if he is the guy why GJ Wooldridge didn't get looked at....

44 minutes ago, crk1980 said:

Josh is a assistant on the middle school staff, he was a longtime assistant at the high school under Hines. Just kind of curious if he is the guy why GJ Wooldridge didn't get looked at....

Josh Roberts was the DC for Hines I think for a while. I'm pretty sure GJ didn't even apply. 

Josh was the long time DC for Coach Hines and those state title game teams. Teacher in the school. Should be easy transition. Will be interesting to see what the staff looks like. Lots of new guys? A lot of staff stays in place? And what will happen to Coach Wooldridge? Does he stay at middle school, come to high school staff, or go to a different program in general? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 12th Region Fan said:

Josh was the long time DC for Coach Hines and those state title game teams. Teacher in the school. Should be easy transition. Will be interesting to see what the staff looks like. Lots of new guys? A lot of staff stays in place? And what will happen to Coach Wooldridge? Does he stay at middle school, come to high school staff, or go to a different program in general? 

Whether Coach Wooldridge stays with the MS team, moves up to HS or goes to another program, he'll be successful and that staff will be lucky to have him.  He's a really solid football coach IMO and kids seem to enjoy playing for him.

• Like 2

All quiet on University Drive today. I think if not for the system being shut down today, we might have gotten some news on the position. 

I expect something very early next week.

At least one coach has allegedly been offered the job and turned it down. Why apply if you're not willing to take the job? 

8 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

All quiet on University Drive today. I think if not for the system being shut down today, we might have gotten some news on the position. 

I expect something very early next week.

At least one coach has allegedly been offered the job and turned it down. Why apply if your not willing to take the job? 

Interviews are a two way street. Interviewee should also be learning about the job and determining if it’s a good fit through the interview process.

• Like 7

17 hours ago, DearToday said:

Burns, Roberts, and Tim Rose were interviewed. Burns turned it down. The other two haven’t been contacted. 

Are you sure he turned it down or still in talks?