2023-24 Covington Catholic Colonels

What rabbit will Coach Ruthsatz and Coach Fredrick pull out of their hat for next year after graduating their Mr. Everything from the past 3 seasons?

Heard rumors of Athens McGillis heading back over to OH next year in addition to rumors of Warmuth (sp?) joining Harney in heading to CCH from Beechwood. Also heard Jeff Ruby has a grandson eyeing CCH for next year. Hussey, Johnson, Steward and N. Ruthsatz are going to be major players on the team next year. I expect to see alot out of Bradshaw too.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Oracle said:

What rabbit will Coach Ruthsatz and Coach Fredrick pull out of their hat for next year after graduating their Mr. Everything from the past 3 seasons?

Heard rumors of Athens McGillis heading back over to OH next year in addition to rumors of Warmuth (sp?) joining Harney in heading to CCH from Beechwood. Also heard Jeff Ruby has a grandson eyeing CCH for next year. Hussey, Johnson, Steward and N. Ruthsatz are going to be major players on the team next year. I expect to see alot out of Bradshaw too.

Would that be Brittany’ Ruby’s stepson? Son of former Bengal Caleb Miller? 

3 hours ago, bigblue96 said:

Would that be Brittany’ Ruby’s stepson? Son of former Bengal Caleb Miller? 

As I understand, yes, it is.  Rumor has it he is a big kid, which would make sense if he is the son of a former NFL linebacker.  

• Like 1

Any truth to the McGillis rumor?  

I expect Bradshaw to be heavily featured.  Started JV as a Freshman and in recent Colonel roundball history that usually means a big step up in year 2.

I am truly excited to see what Hussey can do as a Senior without Ipsaro there. Hussey has been so rock solid for the last 2 years.  Looking forward to His Senior year.

7 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

Caden Miller is 6'9" in Arkansas, currently, and has a slew of D1 offers.  He is LEGIT.

His dad, Caleb (as referenced above), is a great person and a man of deep faith, I'm sure the son can't be cut too far from the same cloth.  

Would be the strongest of adds.

How much HS eligibility will he have left?

On 3/31/2023 at 7:33 AM, Strawberrybarrow250 said:

Lacked a big man last year, hopefully they can address that issue this year.  Their guard play should be really, really good.  

Funny thing to say. I'm sure they'll scour the country side looking to bring in a big man.

14 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

They've been swarming to Park Hills long before Newport was ever discovered.

No disagreement there with that statement, however, the Wildcats are adding pieces as well to an already talented roster that returns nearly every player from their regional championship team.  The 9th will be a dogfight again next season as well.